Yahoo Abarth archives now on line.

dnudelman

True Classic
This resource might be useful to all Fiat 600 based car owners.

Ladies , Gentlemen, Boys, and Girls, the day has finally arrived and with it there's good new to sharel.

As you likely all remember, last year Yahoo was purchased by Verizon communications. As part of their restructuring program it was decided that Yahoo would no longer host user created content. As a result, 16 years worth of emails and photographs generated by our group were to be purged. While publicly telling everyone that they could retrieve their data prior to the purge, I can tell you from experience that they deliberately made the task as difficult as they could. But now for the good news.

Last December and along the way, I managed to save everything we worked for so many years to gather. That in itself took a bit of doing but the more pressing issue was what to do with the archive now that it was safely in hand. After consulting with several of our members a course of action was conceived and carried out. It took several months but at this writing the archive once again available online.

Back in late 2018, Mike Suszter and John Cuny started a website devoted to the Fiat Abarth 750 GT Zagato. The site is a work of art and meshes nicely with the interests of our group. Back in January Mike and John offered to integrate our Yahoo group into their site. Today I am very pleased to report to you that the 16+ years of photos and email posts are not lost and are now live and available for all of our members to access, just as they were on our previous Yahoo site.

The YahooAbarth site is still functioning. An email to abarthzagato@yahoogroups.com will still automatically get to each member. This includes attachments. THIS HAS NOT CHANGED.

But now we can once again access the Yahoo archive here: https://www.abarth750gtforum.com/ Please DO check it out. Some of you might already be members. I am.

All 16+ years of posts and photos are available to access. There is even an active forum. Once on the new site's front page you will see where to access the archive. You will need a password to get in. The password is yahooforum [all lower case] This is the same for everyone. Only our Yahoo members are being given the password so any information in the old posts will remain with the group exclusively.

Yes, it's a different venue, but the archive is once again secure and available, and our group is still together.. I truly hope you enjoy this new site and perhaps meet new owners along the way. As always, suggestions pro or con are always welcome.
Before I close, I would like to introduce you to the three people who were instrumental in making this transition a reality.

Mike Suszter is our new site owner and administrator. Mike is a west coast physician, an enthusiastic 750 GT owner, a great dog dad. and a very capable website director.

John Cuny is the site's co-founder and most ardent supporter. John is in Washington State and owns a 750 Zagato along with several other vehicles and an airplane !.

And a huge thanks goes to my good friend Jay Mortenson who in no small way helped to rescue the Yahoo archive and turn it into something that will remain a part of history for many years to come. Jay is a car guy, seasoned traveler, a lover of fine wine and CTO of a company called Purplewire based in Syracuse NY.

We owe all these people a debt of gratitude for all they've done for the 750 Zagato community.

This is great news. Thank you for being a part of this.

I will become a member. I will try to be quiet and not reveal my ignorance too much.

Congrats!

Perhaps the Fiat 850 Yahoo group can find a similar alliance with a like minded web site owner.

Last edited:
Back