Yay for me! Snagged a 88-89 NOS rear spoiler

You need to make sure...

that they ship this VERY carefully! I have seen these tips get cracked off very easily during shipping and you will :cry:.

If they can't detatch the tips because glued on... it would be best for the tips to be duct taped around for extra rigidness. Otherwise on & off planes/trucks this piece would stand on end and crack those tips off.

This place offers this spolier in one piece now which I think is great! Good luck and enjoy your spoiler! You can not beat NOS! http://www.cascu.co.uk/X19.htm

Looks real nice

Nice and shiny. I hope your X is "Mica red" or you will have to spoil that nice paint job. :)

Hmm... let's do some analysis on this purchase:
1. Only 1 question asked in the auction
2. Only 1 bid in the auction
3. The 1 question talks of worldwide shipping
4. The 1 question is signed "Darrel"

So... if the only bidder asked the only question... does the "D" in "DBOZ" stand for Darrel?

Lol, no I usually sign my posts with Darrell. Dboz is auctually my nickname from HS. Just sorta stuck, and my xbox tag also =P
Yes my 87 Btone is Mica Red, so it even sweetens the deal. Just still need that damn color forumal(mixing in Oz with basf paint) to mix the paint though. Any my computer is in WI, so I have to wait a month till I can get it, so I can scan the Volvo color codes to find that mica red.
Darrell(didnt forget to sign my post this time)

It is going to look real nice

I got lucky and picked up a second stock spoiler last fall for $50.00. It is not NOS like yours, but it has both tips intact. I little sanding and painting is all it needs. It will end up on my 78 ... someday.

I've been looking since I first owned my 87. I ordered the right tip for my wing from bayless years ago. So now I have one NOS right tip, the wing itself, and 1 broken right tip, and one almost ok right tip(all were in the trunk when I got her. Left sides are the rare, and mad.matts was to far broken in my opinion.(the whole rear wing itself)
So I broke down and just paid the 300some bucks it came to be with shipping. Nos is Nos and it matches my ride. :D
BTW how and where to you get one for 50 bucks?! Please tell =)

Last edited:
And the agony of defeat...

SPOILER.jpg

SPOILER2.jpg

Make sure to insure the piece for the entire amount of the coin you shelled out! Greg

Lol I know that, I'm sorry I ment the Whole mixing formual, example 101 2.5oz with 605 .07oz etc.. Like that. its how to mix paint to get the correct color. That code only gets me so far =) my program didnt list fiat, so it must be under volvo, but I have to wait a month to check it out.
OMG im so sorry about that spoiler. I am paypal protected, I've had a few bad sellers just throw stuff in a box and think it was ok.(kept the item and got my money back.)

I attribute my success

in parts hunting to living a good clean life. Or it could be dumb luck. ;)

Basically, I went to look at a local 86 X that was being parted out and it had a spoiler on it. I asked the guy what he wanted for the spoiler and he said "Take the whole trunk lid for $50.00". I told him he could sell it for more on Ebay, and he said he doesn't like Ebay. Who am I to argue? So into the van it went.
IM002324.jpg

Want to hear the story about how I bought my 78? I bought it sight unseen. Just a couple pics on Hemming's Classics. Then had it shipped from California and found out the "spare top" the seller sent along was actually a Saratoga top.
topx196vf.jpg

Yep. Just good clean living. That's my secret. :devil:

Good purchase, DBoz. I would have paid that for a NOS new one. Even if I had to paint it.

I have no spoiler so far, was considering looking into after market that would fit the lid well. But it is low on my list.

May I Solicit some Opinions?

The PO removed the deck wing before I purchaced my 87 Bert.

My question is:

Is the wing in the way when one does engine work? I have spent many hours with my belly lying on the deck as I repaired/tuned carburator, alternator, clutch slave, fuel lines, spark plugs, timing belt, thermostat...ad infinum.

Are the OEM wings easily removable? I see more 87's without them than with them.

How do owners with wings deal with this repair issue?

Thanks

The stock Bertone rear wing is kinda nice to lean on when working on the engine and so on. I find the rear trunk lid too low. The tips are "fragile", so don't lean on those. Only two nuts and it comes off, if you want.

I've even tied bundles to it for camping.

hi , this is my work friends car from about 10 years ago , he made the wing him self ! ( he is my engineer at work ! )

3362103.jpg

3362098.jpg

yah for you DBOZ

good score indeed. I paid almost to same for an old one plus I bought another one missing an end so add the two together I paid more.

Austindad here's a pic of mine with the spoiler

sorry this is the only pic I got of the arse of my x :confuse2:

hpim4670a.jpg

Last edited:
Phil,

I was watching that car on CarSales a while back.

Did it ever sell?

regards,

Brian

Back