Yep, one more question on water lines

tdskip

True Classic
Hi guys - can I use this opening (red arrow) for one of my water choke lines?

If not - how would you suggest capping it?

Thanks!

Hi guys - can I use this opening (red arrow) for one of my water choke lines?

If not - how would you suggest capping it?

Yes, you can. If instead you want to cap it, put a short length of hose over it, and then plug the end of the house with bolt of the right thickness; and then two hose clamps will seal it off.

Yes, it would be a great source of coolant flow for a choke. You will want to find a similar one for the other end, one should be a "supply" and the other the "return", meaning near the inlet and outlet to the water pump. Usually you can look at the 5/8" hoses to the heater core to help figure this out. The heater core and choke hoses are not thermostatically controlled and so are first (after the engine itself) to get coolant heat.

If you want to cap it use a rubber cap sold for the purpose and clamp it. There may also be an outlet available without the smaller nipple.

Thanks Eric - if I connect the other end of the choke water line here think I get acceptable flow through the choke? Not sure how much flow it needs - although I can't imagine it needs much.

Thanks!

spud011_zpsd64dae28.jpg

(thanks to olerascal for the picture)

Tom, I think this is the 2nd time this year I have...

agreed with everything Greg said.

HA!

Mark it on your calendar!

Yes, it would be a great source of coolant flow for a choke. You will want to find a similar one for the other end, one should be a "supply" and the other the "return", meaning near the inlet and outlet to the water pump. Usually you can look at the 5/8" hoses to the heater core to help figure this out. The heater core and choke hoses are not thermostatically controlled and so are first (after the engine itself) to get coolant heat.

If you want to cap it use a rubber cap sold for the purpose and clamp it. There may also be an outlet available without the smaller nipple.

Thanks Greg!

Back