yep, that she blows again!!!

You can say all you want about his mechanic...

But he's never charged extra to fix anything that he's broken.
That puts him miles above our local ford dealship.
:p

Happy Easter!
:D

HAHAHA... I do think though that he is...

getting what he's paid for!

You cannot knock his TENACIOUSNESS though... what spirit!

lol okay, but wait...

If you always get what you pay for, and you what you pay is always nothing, doesn't that mean you've never wasted, lost any money on a deal?
I suppose that depending on how you look at things, some might consider that "just braking even", however it could also be considered "absolute efficiency".
And isn't that the essence of true perpetual motion? A state still unattainable with our current level of technology/science/physics?
I would think that perpetual motion would be the purest example of tenacity carried to the level of infinity, which would seem like the ultimate goal of the tenacious person;)
Of course, if he had a goal other than achieving a state of absolute/ultimate tenacity was *not* his goal...
Well I suppose there's much worse things one could back into:p

I feel every word you just uttered ,Jeff

I just wanna be able to put mine in 1st Gear.. Maybe Reverse! LMAO :help:

Me toooo

Hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or anything.
I was just joking along, it was supposed to be "laughing with", not *at*.
I mean hey, my car doesn't even run yet. lol
So you are more than welcome to tease me back!
And as far as how good of a mechanic I might be...
Well, let's just say I don't need to be pointing any fingers at anyone else if they make a mistake;)
I was just really glad it didn't turn out to be a head gasket, because I *hate* head gasket problems and was really hoping it wouldn't turn out that you'd have to deal with that sort of headache.
Anyway, sorry if it got taken in the wrong way, and definitely glad it wasn't a head gasket.

Hope you didn't think I was making fun of you or anything.
I was just joking along, it was supposed to be "laughing with", not *at*.

That's totally the way I took it. I laugh at myself A LOT.
Now on to leaky radiator……..:shock:

Oh nooooo

No chance it's something simple again? Like maybe a loose bleeder screw or something?
Sorry you are having so much trouble guy:\

Hoped it was bleeder but it drips off the front right corner. See a wet spot right in the middle of fins up against the tank. Very odd little leak, no evidence for a few days ,then a puddle after it sits, sometimes a whiff of coolant smell while driving. Planning on dropping it and bringing it into a shop, might fix or beg a decent rad off the list. Fancy aluminum ones not in the budget!
I think I'm due for a couple thousand trouble free miles. Last summer was pretty good, despite constant oil leak (which I STILL can't find!!)
Meeting Fiat guys on Saturday for a garage day, maybe one of them smart blokes can spot it.

Ninja leaks are the worst:\

Not that anyone would ever wish *for* a bad leak, but those little leaks that just leave a few drops here and there or during certain situations and just refuse to *show themselves* can sometimes be soooo much worse because you can't fix what you can't find...
Ugh...
Hopefully things will go well Saturday.
Only vague sort of thought that is coming to my mind based on little info and no verified facts...
If your weather has been like our's lately, swinging back and forth from very cold to fairly hot (very wide range, high 30's to mid 80's) then could the sporadic/random nature of the leak be related to heat related expansion?
That's the only thing that I can come up with right now that might explain how the car might randomly leak when it's just sitting in the driveway (not being started driven). Probably wouldn't make much sense if your weather/temperature has been fairly stable, but ours has been varying so much that it might be able to "mimic" the sort of cold/hot/cold expansion/contraction cycle that an average car's engine and coolant goes though when it's started/run/shut back down.
Seems like a very small leak (hairline crank in radiator, slightly cracked hose/loose fitting, less-than-perfect seal) might be able to do some hit-and-run leaking in that sort of situation.
Anyway, it was just a sort of obscure thought.
Vague random wiffs of a coolant smell when sitting inside/driving an X... Might, I hate to say it, actually be an indication of a second small leak since you've got coolant flowing around through plumbing going around everywhere in an X. Front/rear/under/though. But not much point in worrying about that until after the known leak is eliminated. Just mentioned it as a thought now, so if you get the leak up front fixed, then *if* there was still a smell indicating a second leak, it might not be such a nasty unexpected surprise. Anyway, with coolant smells, the *way* it smells can give a bit of an indication of it's origin.
Like antifreeze has it's basic cool/default smell which is tends to be present if there's some "pooling" going on somewhere, then there's the hot coolant smell, which tends to show up in cases where coolant is leaking/spraying when things get hot and expand or if coolant has previously pooled on/near a heat source, like on the engine or exhaust system, and finally the smell when coolant gets hot enough to burn or evaporate, which is very strong, can burn the eyes, and is pretty much limited to being around very strong heat sources, or high pressure situations. like coolant getting cooked on a manifold, or a pinhole leak in a hose which is basically turning to steam as soon as it escapes, and things like that.
Hopefully you only have the one leak, but if not, the particular scent might help give a clue to as to where to start looking if there's no obvious drips hitting the pavement.
Anyway, good luck sir, really hope the garage day gets you fixed up for a while:)

Welp... BARR'S Stop Leak has been used on...

the Nautilus (SSN 572) on its second or third attempt to reach the North Pole.

True story... and the ship's company wore civilian clothes to clean out all the stop-leak in the stores lining the coast of Washington State.

There was some leakage in the ballast tanks or some other area that was critical and it managed to stop and hold the leaks for quite some time.

I have used it for years since 1966 and they make about three different kinds. I use the cheapest at about 5 bucks and I believe the most expensive is 10 or 12 bucks. BUT, they guarantee the highest priced one... and will refund your money if it doesn't work.

Some say it has clogged their systems but I never had that happen. I believe my repairs have been "permanent" as I have probably sold the cars before they ever started leaking again. Since money is a concern... its certainly worth a try.

That's the first thing I thought of! I used Alumaseal before. Was told that was the only stuff to use. Bar's Leak was highly rated when I searched yesterday (or strongly condemned). Not sure if matters where you add it into the system? I'll see what the brethren think at Fiat garage day tomorrow.
Some say no, some say go.

I say try it! Nothing to lose. Sometimes in this life a little luck goes a long way! I say it's better to be lucky than be great. Hoping for luck, God knows you deserve it!

Yep... some hate it, some love it...

My Dad once told me to dump about a quarter cup of coarsely chopped up PEPPER in my radiator to stop some leaks. It worked, but proved not to be a permanent solution! The Barr's did for me... but you know I am especially blessed!

Back