Your Experience with DashMat

I had one on my Bertone...

I got it from another forum member, so I can't speak to the company's service.

I liked it, it cut the glare on the dash. I only used the cluster cover (separate piece) not the whole thing, which I think looks busy. Mine just sat there, even during autocrossing (don't tell anyone) I didn't even attach it. Mine was basic model black as far as I know. It went to Canada with the car.

Used one

I used one for my first X1/9. The reason I had it was to 'hide' the cracked dash. It worked fine and as stated the glare was reduced. No issues with it, did not have to deal with customer support so I can't say about that. I think they had more options on the scripting back then because I think I had the "X1/9" on the dash mat.

Not using one on my current X1/9 since the dash is not cracked.

Have one in both X's

I use them to protect my dash's from getting cracks. I didn't use the velcro to secure them. The wife sewn in some small weights on the back to keep them in place while driving. It works pretty well.

I bought my Dashmat directly from the company online after seeing Bob Brown's car at Freakout and loved it so I had to get one. Of course Bob's car is perfect and he bought his to protect his dash whereas my dash has a crack in it by the heater vent so I bought mine to hide the crack but I do love it and I used double sided tape to adhere mine to the dash and it fits and looks great IMO. As for the company I bought it from they were great to deal with. If I had one suggestion more then a complaint to the company it would be to continue the Dashmat over the side heat vents to the same length as it goes on the glovebox as then I think the dash would look almost custom wrapped instead of obviously covered but this is just my opion.

This is the best picture I could find so you get an idea of how it should look.

'PeteX1/9
'84 X1/9

I bought my Dashmat directly from the company online after seeing Bob Brown's car at Freakout and loved it so I had to get one. Of course Bob's car is perfect and he bought his to protect his dash whereas my dash has a crack in it by the heater vent so I bought mine to hide the crack but I do love it and I used double sided tape to adhere mine to the dash and it fits and looks great IMO. As for the company I bought it from they were great to deal with. If I had one suggestion more then a complaint to the company it would be to continue the Dashmat over the side heat vents to the same length as it goes on the glovebox as then I think the dash would look almost custom wrapped instead of obviously covered but this is just my opion.

This is the best picture I could find so you get an idea of how it should look.

'PeteX1/9
'84 X1/9

Pete, Like the dash cover and also the Momo steering wheel, the seats and the shifter. Can I use this picture in my upcoming book?
Are those re-upholstered stock seats?

Of course you can use any of my photos all I ask is an opportunity to purchase the book when completed as I try to collect all publications that my car is shown in.:) Thanks for the compliments and I wish I could say they were re-upholstered Fiat seats or even Italian seats at all but no they are original Honda S2000 seats that I paid a fortune for on Ebay but worth every penny IMO as I love the way they look and feel and it completely changes the driving experience.

'PeteX1/9
'84 X1/9

Back