Yugo 2 into 1 downpipe vs Fiat one

Karfrik

Albert
Hi guys, have come to my attention that some Yugo models also came with a 2-1 downpipe and I have access to one.I already have the correct Strada manifold (4411460) and would like to know if the Yugo 2-1 downpipe will give me same hp gains as the stock 2-1 Fiat downpipe.Lmk what you guys know.....thanks,..Albert

grab it anyway... then take lots of measurements and pictures of both manifolds you have, so everyone can know and see any differences... I have never seen a Yugo specific manifold... and it would be good info for the 'ultimate sohc' thread.

If you don't end up using it, I can almost guarantee someone here will grab it from you for their X19 or 128.

SteveC

I think Jeff Stich sold one here in the forum months ago.The one i have access to is secure and at no cost to me.Thats why would like to know if some here have tried it.But remember im talking about the downpipe not the head manifold.

grab it anyway... then take lots of measurements and pictures of both manifolds you have, so everyone can know and see any differences... I have never seen a Yugo specific manifold... and it would be good info for the 'ultimate sohc' thread.

If you don't end up using it, I can almost guarantee someone here will grab it from you for their X19 or 128.

SteveC

Steve heres a link to Jeffs sale thread for the Yugo downpipe.Its the #1 item on top.LMK if you've seen it and or used/tested it or just your opinion on it.....Thanks!!
http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/22661/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen a Yugo specific manifold... and it would be good info for the 'ultimate sohc' thread.

Here's what the (carbed) Yugo 4-2-1 manifold & downpipe look like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yugo-GVX-YU...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Here's the Yugo 2-1 downpipe I sold a while ago:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/22661/

I kept the Yugo manifold (that was mated to this downpipe) for myself, to use on my 128 with a 1974 USA 128 long 2-1 downpipe. I've modified the manifold by cutting off the bulbous gulp-valve fitting on the left side, & the remaining hole will be either tapped/plugged or welded up whenever I get around to it.

This manifold has a cast cross-rail tube below the top mounting flange, with a small port into each manifold runner; I've tapped/plugged these holes & will grind the tops of the plugs down so they're flush with the manifold inner walls. A simple flat, diamond-shaped metal plate & gasket will cover the large hole on the manifold face where the EGR connector was originally fitted. Or I may just weld up the hole, grind it smooth & be done with it? (I don't weld, so I'd be farming this out to my local exhaust guy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Albert, sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant the manifold.

Secondaries are short on the yugo pipes, longer secondaries work better IMO so the ritmo/strada or 128 coupe would be preferable.

SteveC

Ok Albert, sorry I misunderstood and thought you meant the manifold.

Secondaries are short on the yugo pipes, longer secondaries work better IMO so the ritmo/strada or 128 coupe would be preferable.

SteveC

Got it Steve,just what i needed to know.Thanks!!
And thanks to Jeff for posting the links and input on this matter alsp.

IIRC, a similar short 2-1 downpipe unit was used on some of the USA Strada cars (FI models, I think?), which may have been where the Yugo downpipe tooling came from. I've never compared the two directly, just going by vague recollections from various past junkyard experiences. :grin:

Photos

Mainly for Steve's curiosity, though I'm sure it'll help other Yugo/128 owners in need someday as well...

Here are a few photos of the carbed Yugo 4-2 exhaust manifold I have, shown with a USA 1974-only 128 2-1 downpipe mated to it. In these pics you can see where I have modified the manifold, & the other areas that I have yet to modify as described above.

Back