Yugo Distributor specs?

dwightand

Daily Driver
I installed the Yugo Distributor I got from Jeff S. in my 128sl, it works great. Does anyone have specifications for the Bosch control unit and the distributor advance curve? The control unit # ends with 123.

I notice as I was setting timing that there seems to be a slight retard of timing just off idle, and the dwell time is variable according to rpm's, from 33 degrees at idle up to 55 degrees at 3000 rpm.

I didn't attach anything to the vacuum port on the dist. as I have the 32 DATRA which is set up for a vacuum retard Ducellier. I set idle timing at 12 degrees BTDC, but didn't spend much time checking full advance as the engine ran great and it was only about 15F in my garage. I'm wondering how much mechanical advance there is if I don't modify my carb for the correct vacuum porting.

bump, one time to see if anyone bites, otherwise I'll post empirical data when the snows gone in 3 months.

Yugo Control module

The Yugo part number is 46620553.
From the shop manual:
Type Bosch
Current limiter output...4.5 to 6 amps
Input Voltage.... 6 to 18 volts

Not sure if that's what your after, but it's all I have.

Jon

well, mostly I was after info on how the controller affects timing. I have an electronic timing light with adjustable advance and it also shows dwell time. Since I have no experience with electronic units, I was surprised to see the dwell time change according to rpm's, and it appeared there was some timing retard just off idle, even though I have nothing hooked up to the vacuum port on the dist. Also I was looking for mechanical advance specs for the Bosch dist.

Just waiting for spring and racing. :)

I think the slight retard off idle is due to free play in the vacuum advance linkage. That's why when modifying for this as a permanent solution, the linkage is fixed so it can't move.

Back