Yugo Head casting number

bpimm

Brian Pimm
Anyone know what the casting number/numbers are for the 1300 Yugo head that can be used on the 1500 engine?

Search the Ultimate SOHC thread.

Also search Yugo head in the archives. You should get approximately 1.57 million results

If you mean for a carbed 1500, here's the casting # of the Yugo GVX 1300 head:

1300gvx06.JPG

Brian,

I think your '80 carbed head uses 12mm head bolts and studs. Every yugo head I have owned has the numbers shown in my picture. Some were drilled for 12mm head bolts and studs. Some for10mm head bolts. On my heads the casting numbers have been the same no matter which head bolt size.

You might be able to find a head using these numbers. If you find a 10mm one you can drill the holes for the 12mm hardware. I took one of to a machine shop since I wasn't confident I could drill accurately.
20190326_174548-01.jpeg

What exactly are you wanting out of a cylinder head? Did you have one head located and wanted to confirm it would fit? are you shopping around for a head to up the performance for a 1500 X?

What exactly are you wanting out of a cylinder head? Did you have one head located and wanted to confirm it would fit? are you shopping around for a head to up the performance for a 1500 X?
Looking for a head to up the performance, I would rather not mill the head to get there so I'm shopping and need to know what to look for.

QUOTE="Jeff Stich, post: 319033, member: 1184"]4469750 is a Yugo 1100 head.

Understood. If I can believe wikipedia, the GVX was an EFI machine. I think Brian's '80 1500 is carbed since his signature says so.

I wonder what part number was used for the carbed 1300 yugo. As I said, I have heads with both bolt size holes. No idea if someone bored them out before I found them.

Anyway, I'm thinking chances of scoring a yugo head is better using the number ending in 750. I just left behind several a week ago Monday when choosing what I considered to be the best one.

Understood. If I can believe wikipedia, the GVX was an EFI machine. I think Brian's '80 1500 is carbed since his signature says so.

The GVX was a carbed 1300, only the later GVPlus (GV+) was EFI. That's why I wrote "If you mean for a carbed 1500, here's the casting # of the Yugo GVX 1300 head".

I wonder what part number was used for the carbed 1300 yugo.

Look at the photo I posted? That's my own GVX 1300 carbed head.

Anyway, I'm thinking chances of scoring a yugo head is better using the number ending in 750.

With the GVX 1300 being basically a 1-year-only model here in the USA (1988), scoring a regular GV 1100 4469750 head would indeed be easier, but that's not the head that Brian is wanting. They are different.

I could use either carbed or FI, the engine I'm working on is FI and it's going into a carbed car both are 1980's. Was the GV+ the same FI as the X? I know nothing about the Yugo's. I thought I remembered someone putting together a head spreadsheet in the past but I can't seem to find it now.

I don't know how easy it will be to find a head, so far my search has only turned up 1100 heads. Starting to think more about just spending the money and getting one that's already finished.

I thought I remembered someone putting together a head spreadsheet in the past but I can't seem to find it now.

http://xwebforums.com/wiki/index.php/Cylinderheads

I am working on adding some select data. This is by no means comprehensive. Also take not that some casting numbers have been found with different specs, decomp ring, no ring, FI or carbed, etc. But any help in reducing your chances of buying the wrong head is better than none.

I believe the GVX used a Motronic system.
The GVX I believe pre dated the Yugo Motoronic ignition. All of the ones I have seen here in California had a pretty restricted Weber with the Yugo cast four two one. The very late Yugo's post GVX , went with the 1300, 5spd, and F.I. and I believe they called it the GVL? It did not have the distinctive body trim of the GVX.

read the ultimate SOHC thread and inform yourself on all the caveats of the various options.
Using a Yugo 1300 head is not a great proposition dollar to dollar as compared to an European spec 1500 head. They are easily attained, give better results and require less compromise. With Brexit and good exchange rates, this decision is even more of a no brainier.

Hey Brian. Check with Andy in Medford, He has the majority of my old parts stash and I think a couple of heads which may fit the bill.

Back