Yugo Head casting number

Eric! I might be hording that stuff! :D

Actually I am in the middle of getting a house listed for sale, I know there are some heads in the stash, but I might take me some time to find them.
Brian, Not only do I Eric's parts stash, but I have a 1300 GVX Yugo, so I can verify the head number.

To clarify some of the above statements, the '88 GVX was a carbed 1300cc with a 5 speed, the later (1991?) GV+ was the fuel injected model, it used the Motronic injection, not the LJet that the X 1/9, 124 and 131 models used.

Eric! I might be hording that stuff! :D

Actually I am in the middle of getting a house listed for sale, I know there are some heads in the stash, but I might take me some time to find them.
Brian, Not only do I Eric's parts stash, but I have a 1300 GVX Yugo, so I can verify the head number.

To clarify some of the above statements, the '88 GVX was a carbed 1300cc with a 5 speed, the later (1991?) GV+ was the fuel injected model, it used the Motronic injection, not the LJet that the X 1/9, 124 and 131 models used.
Hey Andy, Let me know if you find something, Medford's not a bad drive for a parts run.

Hey post some links on the Euro heads, are they offered on eBay UK.?
A friend of mine is breaking like seven X1/9s and has asked that I help him re home parts, on this side of the pond. As such, I have access to a several 34 DATR carbs, larger Euro 1500 cams as well as several large port/large valve 1500 heads. Euro lighting, wheels and steering wheels, as well as other Euro only parts are also available.

A friend of mine is breaking like seven X1/9s and has asked that I help him re home parts, on this side of the pond. As such, I have access to a several 34 DATR carbs, larger Euro 1500 cams as well as several large port/large valve 1500 heads. Euro lighting, wheels and steering wheels, as well as other Euro only parts are also available.
Thanks for the info that is a great resource, I reread Steve's SOHC thread and took inventory of what I currently have . A used tubular header, complete 1300 Yugo head, and NOS 34 weber DAT carb. I now have a plan to register and smog my car stock, with the air pump, stock carb. Then swap the header, 34 DAT, and Yugo head (after a mild build).

Brian,

I think your '80 carbed head uses 12mm head bolts and studs. Every yugo head I have owned has the numbers shown in my picture. Some were drilled for 12mm head bolts and studs. Some for10mm head bolts. On my heads the casting numbers have been the same no matter which head bolt size.

You might be able to find a head using these numbers. If you find a 10mm one you can drill the holes for the 12mm hardware. I took one of to a machine shop since I wasn't confident I could drill accurately.
View attachment 20772

There is a carbed Yugo at Brian's Pick a Part here in Detroit. It has the 4469750 head on it. I believe this is a 1.1L engine. The carb looks very smogged with hoses running everywhere. Strangely, the casted in P/N is reversed compared to your picture. The 128A000 starts on the bottom outside next to the timing belt bracket and rises up. the ###750 number is towards the inside of the engine.

I realize most of this thread is a bit old, but the info about head stud/bolt size and hole diameter may still be useful to some.

I recently wanted to use a 10mm head on a 12mm block (both are X1/9 parts, not Yugo). So I talked to three machine shops about having the holes in the head bored out. All three said to just drill them myself because that is how they would do it. Apparently it isn't that critical and they don't bother taking the time to set up their equipment and accurately bore them. Therefore that is exactly what I did. Just for peace of mind I did use my drill press to help keep the bit moving in one plane (sometimes it is easy to get off kilter while drilling a long hole). I used a 10mm rod chucked in the drill to align the existing hole in the head, then swapped in a 13mm bit (allowing some room around the stud, as the factory holes do), and they drilled out very easily and quickly (these heads are very soft aluminum). I chamfered the ends of the new bores with a simple countersink bit. Worked perfectly, plus zero cost and no waiting a week for the machine shop to screw it up. I've never been extremely happy with most machine shops I've used over the decades. But it did seem they were better 30-40 years ago than the current services.

There is a carbed Yugo at Brian's Pick a Part here in Detroit. It has the 4469750 head on it. I believe this is a 1.1L engine. The carb looks very smogged with hoses running everywhere. Strangely, the casted in P/N is reversed compared to your picture. The 128A000 starts on the bottom outside next to the timing belt bracket and rises up. the ###750 number is towards the inside of the engine.

https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/yugo-head-casting-number.36544/#post-319033

Back