Yugo in Pick-A-Part Detroit

AKimball92

True Classic
There is a rusty Yugo in Ryan's Pick-A-Part here in Detroit. Are there any parts people would want off of it? Unfortunately I didnt get any good pics of the car as my phone doesnt do well in the cold and I try to save as much battery as possible. The cylinder head is 128A000 4469750 which according to my records is a small combustion chamber head fitted on the 1.1L engine.

I pulled the ignition system out of the car and a fuel pump as it was in the way. The ignition system was points-less and i hope it works. there was a bit of rust on the center rod portion but didnt seem to bad.

Is there anything people would want off the car?

For those with 128's still running a 4 speed, the Yugo transmission case has much better oil flow and castings (if you can believe it) than the original Fiat ones. Just a tip.

For those with 128's still running a 4 speed, the Yugo transmission case has much better oil flow and castings (if you can believe it) than the original Fiat ones. Just a tip.
This is not the x1/9 4 speed transmission though is it? i believe the shifting is on the wrong side. I am running a 4 speed

Will any of the internals help though? i Know many get rebuilt and we are running low on certain parts. Which parts idk...

There is a rusty Yugo in Ryan's Pick-A-Part here in Detroit...Is there anything people would want off the car?

Some Yugo 1100 items also for use on X1/9's would be:

Bosch EI distributor/coil/control module/wiring harness assembly.
4-2 exhaust manifold & 2-1 downpipe (reassemble & buy together as 1 unit - it's cheaper).
Plastic timing belt cover & bracket (fits 1300X w/o air pump).
Cylinder head assembly.
Starter motor (for 4-speed X1/9).
Misc. front disc brake parts.
Transmission final drive gear set (ring & pinion).

If I can make it back to there this weekend I will see what I can get. I dont have an electric impact so its all dependent on what is possible.

I could use the engine/trans support crossmember if it's solid. :)
How do you remove the cross member on the 128? same as the X1/9

Some Yugo 1100 items also for use on X1/9's would be:

Bosch EI distributor/coil/control module/wiring harness assembly. I claimed this :D
4-2 exhaust manifold & 2-1 downpipe (reassemble & buy together as 1 unit - it's cheaper). Is this the wide ports or narrow?
Plastic timing belt cover & bracket (fits 1300X w/o air pump). I personally have one and couldnt get it slid around the heater pipes and pulleys.
Cylinder head assembly. Appears to be the stock 1.1L. I am uncertain what engine work has been done. Given the carb was stock I assumed not much.
Starter motor (for 4-speed X1/9). worth grabbing? Most people are going to the smaller ones correct?
Misc. front disc brake parts. Did not think of this.
Transmission final drive gear set (ring & pinion). FDU would be best to pull whole trans correct?

This is not the x1/9 4 speed transmission though is it? i believe the shifting is on the wrong side. I am running a 4 speed

Will any of the internals help though? i Know many get rebuilt and we are running low on certain parts. Which parts idk...

Hi. So as you said, the gearbox will not work in the X as the shifter rod comes out the wrong side. However, the guts of it will interchange with a 4 speed X case. In fact, it will give you different final gears for the X and also I found their revised reverse gear is better as well. Weird how some stuff on a Yugo is garbage, like the original cam, but other stuff is really good.

Unfortunately I do not have any room to store a spare engine. Having spare transmission parts sounds really nice. I am not certain mine is 100% or its just my linkage needs adjusted.

Also, at the prices listed, gathering these parts i may need someday, is not worth it to me.
$105 for transmission
$150 for an engine
$69 for an engine cradle. I doubt they would know that is a "cradle".
$15 exhaust manifold
$8 exhaust pipe

Back