Exactly! I can't seem to find Macs 007 dashboard that he sold on eBay all those years ago. I was thinking of hiding the relay activation switch somewhere in there... Now which button was it again? :eek:

To Canada....

I agree, you shipping this here would make it more than getting it direct.

I've sent him an e-mail requesting a quote.

Thanks for finding this item.

I'll post pics as well.

This is great info as I am having the dreaded "click" problem...this guy offers headlight relay kits also, Can you tell me if the headlight relay kit this guy sells would work on the X1/9

Sort of...

His headlight relay kit is designed specifically for Vanagons, and tailored to early or late models.

One could use them for an X, but it would require more parts or wire cutting to work. As opposed to Bob Brown's insertable version, this kit is meant to go in the fuse box area of a Vanagon and only bypass the headlight and ignition switches, not the fuse panel and related connections. So Bob Brown's kit is preferable.

Greg, email won't go thru......?

.....So, I think folks should just contact him directly.....

Greg, I have just tried to email the supplier directly using the addy you included below to enquire on postage cost............just continues to backfire from his server!
Any advice on this at all?

cheers, Ian - NZ

Lawso,

I placed my order and received confirmation using that email address (Jay Brown [thatvwbusguy*comcast.net]) only a few hours ago.

Perhaps he has a kiwi email filter in place.

Regards,

Brian

Ooooooo, that's sarky Brian..........!!

...Perhaps he has a kiwi email filter in place..../QUOTE]

.........still hurtin' after being crushed by the Poms, eh?? :happy:

OK, mate, I'll try the man again and see wot happens!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Nope, I give up.............!!

.........I keep getting REJECTED by Comcast!!

Wonder what the hell's goin' on??? :mallet:

cheers, Ian - NZ

E-mail....

Hi Ian, I've just completed my transaction with Jay a few hours ago and received an e-mail from
him indicating shipment.

I replied to him with the following:

"Hi Jay. I'm looking forward to installing this.
On a sidenote, a fellow by the name of Gregory Smith has put me onto this for our Fiat X1/9's.
Due to some of us not being in the good old US of A, it was suggested we order direct from you,
which is what I've done.
There's another Fiat X enthusiast trying to contact you to have one shipped to New Zealand, but
unfortunately, his e-mails to you keep getting bounced by Comcast.
Maybe you can look into your e-mail settings and see if his e-mails are hiding somewhere.
I'll also see if I can get his e-mail address and be the go between for you two.

Have a great day.
Lou."

I hope we can get the two of you connected.
In the mean time, please PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward it to him.

Cheers,

:mallet::mallet: I went to his site this morning to get mine and

-- clicked on the wrong link, what a dumb***. (Maybe I do need to go back to my old handle (Bipolar Xpress!)

Thanks , Lou, for putting me back on track. Mine is now on its way. Much needed, too! The wiring in this car needs help.

-- Mike

Last edited:
Pricing....

Hi Mike, I just checked his site and here's what I found....

The "headlight relay" kit is $27.50 plus shipping, and the "hard start relay" kit is $18.00 plus shipping.

Both links had been provided in previous posts in this thread, and you may have just clicked on the wrong link.

Hope this helps,

Hi Lou, THANKS for the help!!!!!

Yep, don't know what's hapening with my emails but Comcast just doesn't want to know me!!

Will PM you now with my email addy, and if you can pass this onto Jay to contact me directly, that would be great!!

Thanks again, mate! :worship:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Hey, cheer up mate..........!!

...and to think I used to like you......

.........it ain't no better over here!!
I think if we even put our cricket "players" and your "turkeys" into the one side together, they still wouln't stand a chance against the Outer Turkestan under-14 Schoolgirls First VI.

Bring back Warnie, Brian! He will sort those Poms out, mate!! :wacko:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Ordered direct

Just ordered one direct. $31.50 (~£20) shipped to the UK.

Looking forward to getting it ! I won't miss that 'click click' and the sinking feeling that goes with it :)

I pass the order with Jay.
The cost with shipping in Canada is $29.70.

Very smooth tansaction with Jay:)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for checking out my Hard Start Relay kit. I am glad that they are working out so well for everyone. I would like to offer special thanks to Gregory Smith for realizing the crossover potential of the relay kit and for posting my contact info here.

Unfortunately, the rising cost of copper wire and the protective mesh cover has forced me to raise the price of the kits to $21.00. I still have plenty of relay kits ready to ship and will continue to produce them as needed. Shipping to most international locations will be $14.95 via Priority Mail International (Total $35.95 USD). In the US the shipping is $5.50 via Priority Mail (Total $26.50). Please contact me via email at thatvwbusguy_at_comcast.net to confirm shipping rates for international orders before sending funds.

Thanks again!
Jay

Back