FREE! 1983 X1/9 Parts Car

I would like to get then interior plastic parts if they are there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 28
Picking up the car next Friday if all goes as planned.
Nice, make it an adventure. Great stories often come from doing such things.

This should make a nice test bed/working fixture for the interior redesign...and for adapting Volvo parts onto an X1/9. :D
Actually I ended up buying a 'parts car' for similar reasons. I'm finding it easier to develop the 'custom' stuff on it rather than on my primary project car.

If you decide to get rid of any parts off it, as I mentioned to "AARP card" I'm interested in the mounting hub for the aftermarket steering wheel. Thanks.

Nice, make it an adventure. Great stories often come from doing such things.

This should make a nice test bed/working fixture for the interior redesign...and for adapting Volvo parts onto an X1/9. :D
Actually I ended up buying a 'parts car' for similar reasons. I'm finding it easier to develop the 'custom' stuff on it rather than on my primary project car.

If you decide to get rid of any parts off it, as I mentioned to "AARP card" I'm interested in the mounting hub for the aftermarket steering wheel. Thanks.

Indeed! I’ll be able to work on the dash, and still drive mine :)

I’ll be selling off whatever odds & ends I can to recoup the transportation expenses, I only need the shell.

I’ll gladly sell you the hub once I’m done with the dash - unfortunately I don’t have a spare stock one to replace it with, but maybe it won’t matter. Is it a time sensitive thing for you? I’m assuming not...

Hussein,

Looking at the pictures, the aftermarket steering Wheel was in position while there was an adaptor also laying on the floor. Maybe you will got a pair...

Oops, didn't read all the previous posts. But I doubt it will be a horn thingy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a time sensitive thing for you? I’m assuming not...
Not at all. No rush, who knows I may never get around to using it. But I do have a wheel that I think will fit that hub (most 6-bolt hubs are pretty universal I believe). Maybe when the time comes we can compare dimensions of the mounting holes to see for sure. Thanks for offering it.

Not at all. No rush, who knows I may never get around to using it. But I do have a wheel that I think will fit that hub (most 6-bolt hubs are pretty universal I believe). Maybe when the time comes we can compare dimensions of the mounting holes to see for sure. Thanks for offering it.

There are two basic bolt patterns - Momo uses one, Personal/Nardi use another. Don't know if there are additional 6-hole variants besides those.

I will take a pic with measurements & clocking once it's here.

I'll have to dig the wheel out and measure it. All I remember is it's a 6-bolt pattern similar to the common ones.

I've had the wheel for a long time. It was made in Italy back in the 70's, leather wrapped, classic sport design, black aluminum spokes. I don't recall the manufacturer at the moment, it was not Momo or Nardi...but another company that was big back then (I don't think they exist any longer). I originally gave it to my brother for a car he had. He totalled the car and parked it out on his property. It sat there for at least 20-30 years so the leather is shot now. But the rest of the wheel is in excellent condition (it had very little use before the accident). I intend to recover the leather and use it on my X, if I come across a hub adapter that it will fit.

Thanks, I'll check the size of this one and report back later.
Often I find steering wheel adapters for aftermarket wheels listed as one of two common sizes for 6-bolt mounts. And one of those seems much more common than the other (same as Momo). But I'm sure there are others out there, in addition to the ones with more or less than 6 bolts.

Thankfully the wheel was stored in my indoor storage room, it has been way too hot to be digging through the outside units. The 6-bolt circle that attaches the wheel to the hub/adapter has a 70mm diameter. I'll have to see if I can find any info online to compare that with the other brands on the current market.

Thanks, I'll check the size of this one and report back later.
Often I find steering wheel adapters for aftermarket wheels listed as one of two common sizes for 6-bolt mounts. And one of those seems much more common than the other (same as Momo). But I'm sure there are others out there, in addition to the ones with more or less than 6 bolts.

The Personal wheel I bought required an spacer adaptor to go from the Personal bolt pattern to the Fiat / Bertone hub pattern. That is another way to make it work.

X19_0434.jpg

X19_0435.jpg

This wheel is smaller than the stock Bertone, so I'm going to build my instrument panel around the view through the wheel..

X19_0061.jpg

From what I've seen listed online, that adapter is for the 70 and 74 mm diameters. So your Personal wheel with a 74mm mount will fit the Fiat's 70mm mount. However I do not have a Fiat hub. If I did the wheel I have (70mm) would mount directly to it. I think the Fiats that used that style hub were the early 124's? Is that what you have for a hub?

If you are willing...

I could use the defrost vent and the heater control bezel if the mounting tabs aren't broken(it's sitting on the driver seat). Long shot, but do you have the digital clock (working or not)? I also need the vertical plastic trim piece on the inside of the car immediately behind the door opening (driver side and passenger side). They are held in place with three screws.

The car has both the vertical door post trims. PM me & we can work out transaction :)

From what I've seen listed online, that adapter is for the 70 and 74 mm diameters. So your Personal wheel with a 74mm mount will fit the Fiat's 70mm mount. However I do not have a Fiat hub. If I did the wheel I have (70mm) would mount directly to it. I think the Fiats that used that style hub were the early 124's? Is that what you have for a hub?

OK - car has stock X1/9 hub - my Bertone wheel fits as is

CCC31_FF2-88_D2-4_DB9-8_D88-215_D7083195_D.jpg

0847608_F-_C207-464_C-_AF5_D-349_C156_BC80_B.jpg

Is this what you need? I don't know how long it will be before I can part with it. It will be after I'm done with the dash & no longer need to move it around.

Back