AKimball92

True Classic
Xweb community,

Does anyone know where I could find a full set of 1300 conrod bolts, new? 1300s require the hammer or T style bolts. MWB had quantity of new prior but not any more. I shouldn't have waited until I had a full basket of parts to order. Unfortunately I do not think ARP has an equivalent bolt.

I have all my bolts and they appear to be in good shape. I just read they should be replaced to be safe.

Thanks,
Andrew

I think I have a set that I ordered from Steve, traveling today, can have a look tomorrow when I get home.

You can always choose to "be safe".

Con rod bolts are often reused though.
My 8500rpm 1300 and my 1600 (7500rpm shift point on track) were built with used rods and used bolts.

Just saying.

I have them in my ebay store, pretty sure I have the nuts as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fiat-X1...-set-of-8-Original-Fiat-4150297-/332059820155

usual practice is to fit the bolts and check the housings for round with the new bolts torqued, often you'll find the housing isn't completely round and the rods need resizing.
SteveC

Steve, I purchased these new from MWB where they said the rods were already checked for roundness. Would different new bolts, assuming MWB checks these with new bolts, make any difference worth fretting over? Was the OEM practice to check for roundness with the exact bolts to be used in the engine build?
Could you DM me with the non eBay price if that would be any cheaper for the both of us to not go through eBay. I know Paypal uses 2.9%+$.30 USD.

Back