1967 Fiat 850 Spider restoration - Show and Tell

I was wondering who made it and where it came from...it is a heavier gauge and it fits great! Mine was in pretty rough shape mechanically and has taken a long time to sort...hope to have it at the track this spring and we’ll see how I’ve done. John built the first engine but it only lasted 2 laps at sears point...Les Burd built a new one and it is sweet. I have extra headlight buckets and lenses if you need any at some point.

Bob,
Hang on to the buckets and lens as they also fit the million dollar Lambroghini Miura! Unrestored the asking price is usually a thousand dollars each (bucket and glass lens, more for the Euro fluted lens) and seldom change hands. I may make some plastic replacement lens when I finish my restoration as I'm keeping my glass lens in the sock drawer for safety. Good barter items! On your car check how the front was lowered. If reverse eye keep an eye on it as it's said the weight on the end sometimes unravels the spring. If you see what appears as two leaf spring mounting holes on each upright it's the best method and would actually allow stock height to be plugged in. Say hi to Les Burd for me next time you contact him. I forgot about his engine building sideline and may ask him to do some block work for me. If I remember correctly he even rebuilds Abarth twin cam engines.

I just saw Les. He had a twin cam crated up for shipping over seas. He said it took 8 months and he needs to take a break for awhile. I’ll take a closer look at the front end. Pretty sure it has the reverse eye. I have the modified uprights on my street car and it is the way to go. Thanks for the heads up and please keep me going with potential gotcha’s etc.

Back