1974 intake manifold

Napolikidd

Daily Driver
I’m looking for a 1974 x1/9 intake manifold. Also looking for a 34 carburetor. Let me know what you got

Are you in a hurry for this? Dino66 from this forum might be able to find you a euro 1500 intake which several have said are better than the 74? Probably find you a carb too? Look under Ebay UK, he has lots of items there

Word of caution: While the manifold will bolt to either the 128 or X1/9 heads there's a bit of a problem. The engines sit at different angles in the cars. Therefore the carb will not be level (which isn't a trivial thing) when the manifold is bolted to the "wrong" engine. My guess is that this manifold was designed to work on a 128, not an X1/9. (Of course you COULD make it work...anything is possible...) The seller should be clear about the manifold, is it designed for the 128, or X1/9, or - is it a compromise between the two? (That's what PBS did with their 2 X DCNF manifold.)

Last edited:
I have no way of knowing, but I would assume the E-bay part is for a 128. Not sure how big a difference the angle change would make. If you want a original manifold, I might have one. But the IDF set-up seems like a better way to go.

But the IDF set-up seems like a better way to go.

No, it's not. Besides it not fitting an X1/9 correctly (because it's for a 128), it's also clearly not the manifold or the carb that Napolikidd is asking for.

In addition, the eBay seller states in his listing: "Due to the Corona Outburst the country is under lock down so I won't be able to ship any items". (Which makes one wonder why it's listed on eBay, if it can't be shipped?)

Last edited:
To be fair to the seller, that ad was up before the lockdown.

If the original poster wants a OEM manifold, I think I have one, I would just need to know where to ship it.

I hope the IDF will be a good set-up, since that is what I am planning to use on my 128 coupe.

To be fair to the seller, that ad was up before the lockdown.

If the original poster wants a OEM manifold, I think I have one, I would just need to know where to ship it.

I hope the IDF will be a good set-up, since that is what I am planning to use on my 128 coupe.

let me know if you have one I have been trying to get ahold of one. Can you send me pictures of it?

the part number on it i believe is below.
A261CFD6-A9E2-4D3E-A426-5A497197EEB5.jpeg

I have a 34 that I can sell, give me a couple days to find it. I'm in the process of moving. I'll post pictures when I find it.

The way to go is to find the right manifold. But, if you were trying to fit a 128 manifold on a x19, you could fit a phenolic spacer in between, machined to the right angle. But then, you also will have to re-drill the threads for the carb bolts. I know you are not into looking for a pair of DCNF's, but here is a pic just to shop the idea of a machined phenolic spacer.
20200420_214648.jpg

The way to go is to find the right manifold. But, if you were trying to fit a 128 manifold on a x19, you could fit a phenolic spacer in between, machined to the right angle. But then, you also will have to re-drill the threads for the carb bolts. I know you are not into looking for a pair of DCNF's, but here is a pic just to shop the idea of a machined phenolic spacer.
View attachment 31181

I love that duel carb set up. I’m just trying to figure out what the best possible set up would be best and I was thinking a 74 manifold with the 34 carb. Correct me if I am mistaking

"best" is not a clear assumption. Best value for the money, easiest to fit, most powerful, best looking?

Also, fitting a pair of Webers is also leading to other modifications. Without them, it would just slurp gas. I mean a more radical cam, headers and probably hi-comp pistons, modified head, etc. In the meantime, as long as you have not define what you want from this car, how long you intend to keep it and how much money and work you are willing to invest in it, I would say to keep it as stock as possible and learn the car. That pic of my twin carbs was taken 30 years ago! I own x19 for 40 years, so I'm pretty much know what I expect from them. If I wanted the most performing one, I would go for a K20. To stick with the engine, I would fit a programmable fi with individual throttle bodies, but I like carbs and I'm more vintage than raw performance, so I'm running a pair of Weber DCOE's.

"best" is not a clear assumption. Best value for the money, easiest to fit, most powerful, best looking?

Also, fitting a pair of Webers is also leading to other modifications. Without them, it would just slurp gas. I mean a more radical cam, headers and probably hi-comp pistons, modified head, etc. In the meantime, as long as you have not define what you want from this car, how long you intend to keep it and how much money and work you are willing to invest in it, I would say to keep it as stock as possible and learn the car. That pic of my twin carbs was taken 30 years ago! I own x19 for 40 years, so I'm pretty much know what I expect from them. If I wanted the most performing one, I would go for a K20. To stick with the engine, I would fit a programmable fi with individual throttle bodies, but I like carbs and I'm more vintage than raw performance, so I'm running a pair of Weber DCOE's.

I guess why I’m asking is because it time for a new carb so my thinking was what could I do for a good value and get get results at the same time. I am running a full header to a borla exhaust also.

Best value is to find an inexpensive manifold, a '74 is a good option (not sure a 1500 carb manifold isn't OK too). And top it off with a carb off of a 1300, a '74 carb is a "clean" choice. If you can get a cheaper 34mm carb, those are good too, but for the $ it's hard to beat the 32mm carbs found on the 1300 engines.

I still have the original carb manifold off my 1979 X, if you want it. I would have to look for it, but I know I still have it.

If you want it just tell me where to ship it, no cost.

There are many options, single or dual carb, side draft dual is the most difficult to install, requires modifying some of the body work.
My car now has twin dellorto side draft carbs, can't say how well that works since the car is still a project.

I still have the original carb manifold off my 1979 X, if you want it. I would have to look for it, but I know I still have it.

If you want it just tell me where to ship it, no cost.

There are many options, single or dual carb, side draft dual is the most difficult to install, requires modifying some of the body work.
My car now has twin dellorto side draft carbs, can't say how well that works since the car is still a project.

Do you know if the port are bigger then the 74 manifold. I was under the impression that the 74 manifold where the biggest of all of them. Is this correct

I have no idea, since I only have the one manifold, if you want it, it's yours. I am sure you could open up the ports some with a dermal or die grinder with a rotary file.

I have no idea, since I only have the one manifold, if you want it, it's yours. I am sure you could open up the ports some with a dermal or die grinder with a rotary file.

Ok well let me know if you find it that would be awesome.

So will the euro 1500 intake that Steve spoke about in the Ultimate SOHC fit either the 1300 or 1500 then? Guess I read it wrong

Back