1975 Fiat x1/9 parts car

What should we power our hill climb build with?

• Total voters

Spencer Jones

Hey guys, very new here, however I was informed by a member to join so that I could hopefully get some great parts into the hands of some people who can use them.
We have a 1975 Fiat x 1/9 bertone that we would like to sell. Clean Colorado title and located in Longmont Colorado.
It was running and driving great, we pulled the engine to do a head gasket and decided to do a full hill climb build. However, we have decided to get just a mostly gutted shell.
So far, the parts that have been sold are,
Steering column (complete), rear brake calipers, bertone dash cover, outer door handles, seatbelts, thermostat housing, carburator, and dome light.
Other then that, the car is complete and includes an engine and transmission.
Please feel free to shoot me an email at S.B.R.colorado@gmail.com or message me here.
I'm hoping to sell the car complete, and hopefully sooner then later.
Asking 400$ or best offer on for the entire car with parts. Considering I paid 800$ for it just a few month ago.
However I'm more then happy to part it out, and ship if need be.
Thanks for taking the time to read, have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_20170716_132424.jpg
    IMG_20170716_132424.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20170717_133926.jpg
    IMG_20170717_133926.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20170716_132451.jpg
    IMG_20170716_132451.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 70
How much of the rear S/M are you looking to modify to fit these engines? Even many of the smaller SOHC engines have fitment issues. I personally do not have any experience with any of the engines. Brayden Connolly from MWB does K20 swaps for customs. A good talk with him could reveal some insight on whats needed. Many other people have done the K20 swap among others. I am not sure about the ones you have listed as I am not a modern day Japanese engine kind of guy. And yes I call those all as modern engines :p.

On a racecar the figment issues are much simpler, you can change the rear bulkhead much more and moving the fuel tank to the frunk would make a lot of sense from a weight distribution standpoint, so you could install any of a myriad of Japanese motors with impunity. Being able to move the engine compartment cross beam forward to the bulkeahd between he passenger compartment and the gas tank would greatly increase the depth there that is modified to accept a K20/K24. Moving that bulkhead forward could allow an Acura V6, Alfa Busso or some other larger engine into the space. Width is always an issue between the frame rails for a transverse package so that is the real limiter without completely restructuring the car.

On a racecar the figment issues are much simpler, you can change the rear bulkhead much more and moving the fuel tank to the frunk would make a lot of sense from a weight distribution standpoint, so you could install any of a myriad of Japanese motors with impunity. Being able to move the engine compartment cross beam forward to the bulkeahd between he passenger compartment and the gas tank would greatly increase the depth there that is modified to accept a K20/K24. Moving that bulkhead forward could allow an Acura V6, Alfa Busso or some other larger engine into the space. Width is always an issue between the frame rails for a transverse package so that is the real limiter without completely restructuring the car.
Yea, we are looking at building essentially a tube rear end, and tube front end. I know none of the swaps will be bolt in, but half the fun is fabricating and doing the math to make it all work.

28hp CAT diesel
I bet that gets incredible fuel mileage.
Looking at it makes me think of using one of the tiny 3-cyl gas engines that are so common in Japanese class-A vehicles. They even have them with tiny turbos/blowers for power on demand but still offering great economy.

Sounds like a cool project!

I'm interested in the front turn signal assemblies, the front grill, the red rear turn signal lenses, and shipping to Port Orchard, WA 98367

Let me know what condition they're in and your price?

Back