1987 restoration project

Hi Guys, again its been a while since I last posted. This has been such a monumental project I still can't believe I'm still working on it!!! Time is the biggest issue now...But I will get it done, I've managed to put the engine and gear box in now, with the help from my son.
This is the engine about to go in, both engine and gear box rebuilt...fingers crossed everything works.
engine and gearbox.jpg

All hooked up to the crane, engine in position ready to be lifted in place.
Installing engine 9.jpg

Myself and my son attaching the bottom engine mount, not bad for a first attempt.
Installing engine 7.jpg

Engine now in Situ...very happy, we started at 10am finished getting it in by 12.30pm. If you have the right tools anything is possible!!
Installing engine 1.jpg

I made a slight modification to the strut side engine mount, when I was in the process of all that metal work earlier I removed the engine mount but decided to put it back a different way. If you look closely the mount is bolted on...you can imagine my relief when the mount popped straight in.
Engine mount.jpg

My plan is to have the engine running before the end of the year (2018), I'm just having a few issues with the clutch pipe union fittings at the moment. problems with the clutch pipe Flares.

happy motoring to you all

Dave

Nice work! I though I had it tough with my small garage - nothing compared to the tight quarters you are working with.

The only concern I would have with that mount bracket is that it appears to no longer be anchored to the frame rail. Might want to revisit that?

That's a good point, I knew there was a reason why I left those holes on the base plate. I'll have a look at doing something to that.

Thanks
Dave

Great photos and nice progress. I thought I had a cramped garage space. You've got a slot not much bigger than the car itself! Good luck with your project and do keep those excellent progress photos coming.

Back