34 DMTR upgrade

tobydmv

True Classic
Hey guys, I picked up a nos 34 dmtr for an upgrade of my 32datra and ran into a couple issues. For one its a manual instead of water activated choke but thats not a big deal. Fitwise, it fits on the studs perfect but seems to have 2 main problems:

1. The throttle lever hits the bottom plate and the carb wont sit flat
2. The vacuum diaphragm(Carb capsule) is in the way of the throttle linkage

What i'm wondering is how to fit this in. Is there a different base plate that allows this throttle lever to rotate up? I might be able to slot out the existing plate...and maybe a different throttle linkage that offsets around the diaphragm? I did a search on the site and couldnt find any specifics. If theres already a thread here please let me know.

Thanks all
Toby

Hey guys, I picked up a nos 34 dmtr for an upgrade of my 32datra and ran into a couple issues. For one its a manual instead of water activated choke but thats not a big deal. Fitwise, it fits on the studs perfect but seems to have 2 main problems:

1. The throttle lever hits the bottom plate and the carb wont sit flat
2. The vacuum diaphragm(Carb capsule) is in the way of the throttle linkage

What i'm wondering is how to fit this in. Is there a different base plate that allows this throttle lever to rotate up? I might be able to slot out the existing plate...and maybe a different throttle linkage that offsets around the diaphragm? I did a search on the site and couldnt find any specifics. If theres already a thread here please let me know.

Thanks all
Toby
Posting pics helps jog our memories and helps us help you better.
But here goes:
As I recall: These mount up without issue. I seem to recall that the phenolic spacer needs to be removed, though. Also if your trying to use this on a stick US spec manifold, the butterflies may hit the inner portion of the manifold. A dremmel tool can be used to open this up, or purchase the proper Euro spec inlet. Or you can take the afore mentioned phenolic spacer/tray, and do some serious surgery to make it work.

IMG_20200917_214605929.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_214450178.jpg
    IMG_20200917_214450178.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 73
I bent my original throttle rod to have a dog-leg offset to get around the vacuum capsule. I also had to modify my throttle cable bracket to raise the slotted 90 degree bend that the cable sits in, by about a half inch. Works like a charm.
20200913_144342.jpg

Link to video;

Back