4th. Annual Palos Verdes FIAT Fun Run-SoCal

mbusman

Big Bird
Tommy Mastracchio and I are putting together plans for another group drive and BBQ event. Save the date: June 7, 2014.

The event will be in two parts. For those who can make it up early, we plan to start at the Peninsula Seniors Cars & Coffee, which will feature ITALIAN cars for this monthly meet. There’s always a lot of great looking cars there. If you plan to make the Cars & Coffee, it’s best to arrive about 7:00-7:15 a.m. as the parking lot fills up pretty quickly. From the 405 freeway, take the Hawthorne Blvd. exit and head south. After about 5 miles or so you will pass Pacific Coast Hwy. and begin to climb the “hill”. When you reach the top there is an intersection with Silver Spur. Continue through the intersection and make an immediate LEFT into the parking lot at Peninsula Shopping Center. You’ll see where the cars gather and there will be a separate section for ITALIAN cars. There are generally quite a few Ferraris and Lambos, so let’s make a good showing of FIATS. There’s a Starbucks and Rite Aid nearby for coffee and pit stops. Although some people leave the Cars & Coffee a bit early, it usually runs until about 9:30 a.m.

For the second part for those who can’t make the Cars & Coffee, we plan to meet at the parking lot at the Peninsula Shopping Center and leave about 10:00 a.m. or so. We’ll head down the other side of the “hill” until we reach Palos Verdes Drive at the ocean. The route will include driving the twisties up to the top of Palos Verdes by the radar domes where the view of the ocean, San Pedro, and Long Beach is fantastic. We can make a pit stop at the beautiful Wayfarers Chapel. If everyone wants, we can take the scenic route by the multi-million dollar homes and cliff views. Eventually, we will end up at El Nido Park in North Redondo Beach about 12:00 noon or so where we’ve held the BBQs in the past.

We’ll get more details out soon as well as begin to ask for a head count. So, mark your calendars and plan on a great day and get together with good friends.

Later,

Mike Busman

Last edited:
Tommy Mastracchio and I are putting together plans for another group drive and BBQ event.

The event will be in two parts. For those who can make it up early, we plan to start at the Peninsula Seniors Cars & Coffee, which will feature ITALIAN cars for this monthly meet. There’s always a lot of great looking cars there. If you plan to make the Cars & Coffee, it’s best to arrive about 7:00-7:15 a.m. as the parking lot fills up pretty quickly. From the 405 freeway, take the Hawthorne Blvd. exit and head south. After about 5 miles or so you will pass Pacific Coast Hwy. and begin to climb the “hill”. When you reach the top there is an intersection with Silver Spur. Continue through the intersection and make an immediate LEFT into the parking lot at Peninsula Shopping Center. You’ll see where the cars gather and there will be a separate section for ITALIAN cars. There are generally quite a few Ferraris and Lambos, so let’s make a good showing of FIATS. There’s a Starbucks and Rite Aid nearby for coffee and pit stops. Although some people leave the Cars & Coffee a bit early, it usually runs until about 9:30 a.m.

For the second part for those who can’t make the Cars & Coffee, we plan to meet at the parking lot at the Peninsula Shopping Center and leave about 10:00 a.m. or so. We’ll head down the other side of the “hill” until we reach Palos Verdes Drive at the ocean. The route will include driving the twisties up to the top of Palos Verdes by the radar domes where the view of the ocean, San Pedro, and Long Beach is fantastic. We can make a pit stop at the beautiful Wayfarers Chapel. If everyone wants, we can take the scenic route by the multi-million dollar homes and cliff views. Eventually, we will end up at El Nido Park in North Redondo Beach about 12:00 noon or so where we’ve held the BBQs in the past.

We’ll get more details out soon as well as begin to ask for a head count. So, mark your calendars and plan on a great day and get together with good friends.

Later,

Mike Busman

:thumbsup:

Date?

Zonk, others... Its Saturday June 7th and here is...

the flyer for the Cars and Coffee portion.

Meet us here also at 10 AM if this event is too early for ya...

Somebody put me out of my misery, please!!!!

Thanks for jumping in there Tony.

Rob, it is as Tony noted June 7th. I copied most of the text from the email announcement that was sent to everyone on Papa Tony's list of SoCal X 1/9 owners. You should have received the email.

Anyway, we always have a great time, with the highlight being when Tony hands out award plaques with awards befitting the lucky recipients. For example, I'm the perennial "All Thumbs" award winner. Hope to see you there.

Mike

RSVP's are up to about 10 now.

If you plan to attend, you can RSVP via the email I sent or here on Xweb. If you plan to bring any guests, spouses, etc., let me know so we'll have a better idea on how much food to bring.

So if you haven't responded yet, get up off you're duffs and say "I'm in".

Mike

Great time had by all today.

We started out at the monthly cars&coffee which featured Italian cars today. We then headed out for a group driver around the scenic Palos Verdes peninsula, and finally ended up at a local park for a BBQ and awards ceremony.

Lots of great cars at the C&C including an electric FIAT 500 and a Porsche 914 with a big a$$ Chevy V8 in it, a T-Bucket and other old Ford that Tony would love. Rudy's Bluetooth looked great with a fresh 2-stage paint job. Dan Ziol was in his '67 Dino, Sophia. Jose Quinto (Addicted Punk here on Xweb) was there and will also post pix.

I'm going to try and link the album from Photobucket versus individual links per photo. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to do them individually.

Mike
http://s729.photobucket.com/user/mbusman04/library/4th Annual Palos VerdesFIAT Fun Run

Wish I was there... I supported my wife's club...

today at the local Elk's Lodge. We too had a rather eclectic collection of cars... a "boutique" for the ladies, cold drinks and food!

It was a good time as well.

SO! Did everyone like their award???

HA!

Ok, here we go.

First off, the cars and coffee event. I got there a little bit late so I caught the last of the cars. The new Corvette Stingray was there....anybody?

Mike's car. Beautiful as always.

Rudy's car. Beautiful as well.

This is the new Corvette Stingray.

Mr. Cooper's vehicle.

Dan's Dino

Here we are at the top of Palos Verdes.

From there we drove to the Wayfarer's Chapel for some nice views.

Here's the chapel.

Then we went straight to the park where we had the BBQ and the awards were handed out.

And last, but not least.......the group photo.

All in all, I'd like to send a thank you to Mike for the invite and Papa Tony for the thoughtful award. Looking forward to the next one.

We all missed you Tony, but everyone appreciated

not being barked at.:eyepop:

As usual, the awards ceremony was the best part of the program. Michael May was at cars & coffee and joined us for the drive, but bailed after that. You did a terrific job on the awards and I think everyone got a kick out of them. Guess I'll save the few left over frames for next time.

Wishing you and Sharon a successful Monday.

Mike

Jose,

Great job with the pix. I was just too tired yesterday to post them individually. We need to hook up again one of these days with your Dad.

Mike

Looks like Rudy's car got re-painted

Looks great, BTW. Glad he got it back in shape again.

Bob,

Rudy just got Bluetooth back from a little body work and a 2-stage paint job. It's looking really sweet with the black interior and new leather dashboard from Henk.

It was a great day.

Mike

JOSE'... You are now appointed the NEW SoCal...

X1/9's OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHER!

Wil Hurd useta be but he moved up north and usually pedals two wheels nowadays... You will now be REQUIRED to attend all SoCal X1/9 functions or be FINED. The "privilege" should be "reward" enuff!

Great shots BTW, the group foto is a keeper for me.

Thanks!

Indeed he did Bob, and not without lots of drama...

But then again... those "Medium Metallic Blue" cars are hard to come by!

This is the SAME car he bought in Idaho or somewhere north... got stopped by the cops for no registration or plates... fixed up and toured Nevada with the Ferraris and stuff... then sold it to a LV local.

He just bought it back from the same guy he sold it to... for dimes on the dollar!

I swear... Rudy has the "Midas Touch"... He was essentially PAID thousands for someone to store his car for a few years! Even with paint, custom dash and stuff... I think he's still a few bucks ahead!

Hey... my envy may be showing a bit but Rudy DESERVES it! HA!

I second Jose's promotion to official photographer.

Since I'm a bit sensitive to missing front license plates these days (passing by AAA tomorrow to get a replacement) I didn't see one on Rudy's X or Terry's 124. You guys might be in a heap of trouble one of these days.:eyepop: At the cars & coffee, I don't think there was one on a single Ferrari, Lambo, or Maserati that I saw. On the road I've noticed that a lot of Mercedes and high end SUVs don't have a front plate either, but in a quick pass by it doesn't look like there's a mounting location.

Anyway, a fine job by Jose for the pix. That means last Saturday actually happened.

Mike

Tony,

Thanks a lot:shock:

The first web site shows it's not compatible with an X, and then my virus software goes off saying a threat detected. You trying to drain my credit card, bank account, or retirement account?????

If you're going to go to lengths like this, I'll send you the damn $20 that Bob Brown owes you.

Mike

Maybe all three!

Thanks a lot:shock:
The first web site shows it's not compatible with an X, and then my virus software goes off saying a threat detected. You trying to drain my credit card, bank account, or retirement account?????

I think he's looking for a little extra funding so he can buy Brett's car. :grin:

Well, maybe...

We'll either have to strap him in the seat backward or strap the rear view mirror under the 3rd brake light. ;)

Back