4x98 to 4x100 hub mod...

this thread has brought up some pretty good info. thanx. ive talked with the guys at serpent auto a few times but never purchased anything. at some point im going to need to figure out how to put down more rtire on my x. simple spacing out the tires wont work for me, ill need wider wheels and tires, im thinking 7 or 8 inches. by the way, tony that is one sweet vette.

serpent

I have dealt with serpent auto a few times. My current studs are from them. very fast, very friendly

Odie

I have 4x100

With 0 offset and an 8 inch footprint.
I first converted to studs. Then I got some hubcentric rings from a BMW 3 series, had them lathed 1mm in. Then I busted ou the dremel and dremeled the wheels bolt holes inward. The hubcentric rings keep the wheel centered in place and the studs keep it flush, and after mounting and dismounting, looks like no flex in the studs, so my dremel job was pretty good. With about 4k mi's so far so good, except I got some rub in the front on hard corners with 195/45/15's, and adjusted caster (cut 1 coil from springs). I got 215's on the rear and they fit no problem I think the next step might very well be coilovers and fender flares if I can find some, maybe some 7 inch wheels in the front. I got my studs from serpent too. Great experience all around!

Back