Adapters for mounting Wilwood 4 pot calipers for X1/9, 128, 127...

We test on one wheel 13, I have somewhere photo but will have good new photos as soon as friend mount on his car then will test few another wheels that we are sure that will fit all. If will be problem I will switch down on 240mm rotors without problem.
We use 257mm rototrs from Seicento, think this model didnt been in US.
Guys just leave some time to test all.

the problem is standard X1/9 rotors are 46mm high, and 35mm from rotor face to wheel mounting face, the 500 vented rotors are 40.5mm high, and only 18.5mm from rotor face to wheel mounting face. Depending on your wheels, they may fit if you use quite thick wheel spacers to move the wheel out further.

I'm not following this... the inboard/outboard position of the wheel is dictated by the hub mounting face, plus the thickness of the rotor in that area. The hub does not move in this swap, so the only variable is the thickness of the rotor in the wheel mounting area. It may be different than stock, but not by much. The height of the "rotor hat" does not matter here. It matters to where the calipers have to mount, relative to the hub position. But it does not matter to how far the wheel sits inboard or outboard. Am I missing something?

I'm not following this... the inboard/outboard position of the wheel is dictated by the hub mounting face, plus the thickness of the rotor in that area. The hub does not move in this swap, so the only variable is the thickness of the rotor in the wheel mounting area. It may be different than stock, but not by much. The height of the "rotor hat" does not matter here. It matters to where the calipers have to mount, relative to the hub position. But it does not matter to how far the wheel sits inboard or outboard. Am I missing something?
Pete, I think you answered your own question "It matters where the calipers have to mount relative to the hub position." With a lower height rotor the centre of the disc, and hence the caliper, is further out, closer to the hub mounting face, therefore closer to the inside face of the wheel. It depends on the wheel design whether there is a clearance issue.
Andreav, the Brembo catalogue shows the Seicento as having 240mm solid rotors, 40mm high, do you have a different one where you are?

Pete, I think you answered your own question "It matters where the calipers have to mount relative to the hub position." With a lower height rotor the centre of the disc, and hence the caliper, is further out, closer to the hub mounting face, therefore closer to the inside face of the wheel. It depends on the wheel design whether there is a clearance issue.
Andreav, the Brembo catalogue shows the Seicento as having 240mm solid rotors, 40mm high, do you have a different one where you are?

Ah, so you were talking about rotor (or caliper) to wheel interference. That makes sense. I did not get that from what you wrote.

a lower height rotor
Greg, just for clarity, in your earlier post are you referring to the 500 base model ("Pop") or Abarth model brakes/rotors? As I understand it they use very different rotors with dimensions that differ more than diameter.

Jeff, referring to 257mm rotors as in Andreav' post, I believe they are 500 Pop in USA, 500 Sport in Australia and Europe. Abarths are larger in dia and thickness. To be clear, on my wheels it's the calipers that would hit the inside of the rims where the rim diameter reduces (the well), close to the back face of the wheel.

For Europe/Germany, brackets that look like an original part and have the part number of an original Fiat bracket on them would be ideal. :cool:

I tought of same, and then there already was Your reply.

Andreav, they look great! For EU any number on them would be better than none.

I have test then on verious wheels and you where right they dont go under all 13 wheels, this kit then designed for 14 inch wheels.

I m now working on new design for use with 240mm vented rotors what will go under 13 inch wheels.

Back