Alignment settings for street/occasional track use

~-2camber
0,3 toe out front
0,5 toe in rear
159865249_471741824197345_4170426959958770686_n.jpg

Preparing my X for street and track with AVO adjustable coil overs. Front camber adjustment is via camber bolts while rear is via slot on the strut lower mount. Can you please clarify the camber angles you mention in your post. Minus 3.5 degrees camber seems rather excessive. Also, do you have a reading for rear toe-in? Thx.

My suggestions are above (post #10). The camber settings are listed there. I didn't suggest -3.5, although that is not an excessive amount of negative camber for a track car on Hoosier A7s.

I am using Steve's suggested settings and am very satisfied, both on the street and on the track, as stated in post 10 in this thread. I made one slight change, setting the front and rear toe at 0. It handles very well, but always goes where I point it, with no self centering. I am going to set it to 1/8 total as Steve recommends, as it takes a lot of attention to drive it as it is.

The part that rarely gets mentioned, is that changing any one of the 3 settings changes the others. For me it is a bit of dance to get them all spot on.
Thanks Paul. No self centering could be tricky. Is that due to 0 toe? My understanding is that toe should be set before camber, right?
My suggestions are above (post #10). The camber settings are listed there. I didn't suggest -3.5, although that is not an excessive amount of negative camber for a track car on Hoosier A7s.
Sorry, my mistake. You wrote - 2.5.

Thanks Paul. No self centering could be tricky. Is that due to 0 toe? My understanding is that toe should be set before camber, right?

Sorry, my mistake. You wrote - 2.5.

Alain,

Because camber affects toe, sent camber first.

The proper order for alignment settings is; caster, camber, toe.

Toe does not effect self centering. Caster is what provides self centering. Because of the geometry of strut front suspensions, as you approach the steering lock the geometry tends to loose its self centering. Lots of negative camber and strut inclination will contribute to this effect.

Back