Administrator
Enjoy! This is my Fiazada Dallara :)

CIMG7460.jpg

CIMG7459.jpg

CIMG7457.jpg

Eric

Let's get ready to rumbllllllllle!

Nice Eric.

Is the roof scoop going to feed the engine bay eventually? The driver's head? Or is it some aero feature?

Yeah that must to fit Eric's head into the car :) Cool car and a worthy competitor for the WedgeX, and mine doesn't even sound like a 2-stroke :p

Sounds like a shootout is in the works...

...I'll try to be there.
To give y'all someone to whup on.
:innocent:

Cool car!
Like the looks and color scheme, Eric.
Especially the roof has come out great.

Looks like a fast X1/9, Fastx19.
We do need an explanation Re that roof.
Why Fiazda? is it Fiat/Mazda? Or?
Thanks
Enjoy -

Fiazda

Hi Herzel,

I am not Eric, but I saved a couple "before" pictures of this beast. It has a Mazda rotary installed in the rear, so the "Fiazda" brand was born. :)

DSCF1992.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2000.jpg

Awesome... and some excellent craftsmanship!

Congratulations... but DONE?

Are you nuts? Something like this will NEVER be done!

HA!

Enjoy your drive!

Current photo of the engine.

Thanks everyone for the positive replies. I will try and get a picture of it in the sun. It is a metallic paint job, so it should really shine in the sun.

Here is a picture of the engine compartment. Again, it is a 13b rotary dynoed at just under 300hp. Fiero 5 speed Muncie transmission. Custom drive shafts and Fiat 5 speed hubs, suspension and brakes.

CIMG5837.jpg

Most of the picture was to show the exhaust fabrication. Oh, the original setup had a DCOE carb with a custom intake manifold. We switched to the IDF 48! instead as we needed more air and fuel. We really need even bigger!

Eric

Eric,

If I was driving down the freeway in any sportscar and saw your beast, I know my car would quickly start to wimper, tuck its tail between its legs and scurry off the road :(

Very menacing. Will it make to FFO? Or any other west coast events I should be attend?

-Tim

Some may tuck their tail and run.... I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation with a plate like that. lol.... I love it! I have admired this car for some time.... there are a couple youtube videos of it too.

300Hp? wow... what is the redline on this thing? In the youtube video I saw I sounds like it's up around 11,000rpm!

Hopefully this year or the next I'll have my car finished enough to bring it down for the oregon track day and meet a couple of you guys. Can't wait.

Well...

I and my partner should be at the Fiat event in Oregon this year, and we will be at a number of hillclimbs around the west as well.

Dr. Auto, you were close on your guess. The redline on this thing is 13,500. We have it limited right now to 9,500 during the "break in" period.

When I first drove it, I thought I was rapping the heck out of it and would constantly shift at 7k or so. It takes awhile to learn the sound of this darn thing.

Eric

13,500rpm...... hehehehe! :guitar: :thumbsup:

Haven't quite finished my swap yet.... not even enough to to post a thread on it yet although I've been snapping pics here and there. But I should be over the 250Hp mark myself with my swap. Some guys are dynoing as high as 300Whp with a simular setup.... we'll see when it eventually gets on a dyno. Swap is about 50% done.

When is the Oregon event this year anyways? I tried looking it up in the events area but didn't see anything. Am I missing it?

Have you weighed you're car yet? Just curious how much it weighs with the cage and swap.

Currently, it weights in at 1500lbs...

However, I have not gone after anything yet. I figured I probably should learn how to drive it before I worry about 10ths of a second due to weight.

I need to weight it again as the roof is now only four layers of fiberglass and weights probably 3 pounds when I attached it to the car.

Also, notice the main hoop of the rollbar is behind the firewall so it does not interferer with a tall driver.

Next up is underbody effects...

Eric

Back