Another artical slamming the 500

So none of the 500's sold in America will be Italian? I'm guessing there is a premium to pay if you want a legit Italian model.

Actually no current production 500 is Italian, they are all made in Poland. in the same factory as the Ford Ka as I understand it.

I believe in my case its recognition of an endearing quality...:)

So far no therapy and 29 years of relative bliss.:thumbsup:

If There is Anyone Here..

That is in communication with Laura S, head of FIAT, North America.. It would be good to pass this on to her as an example of what they are dealing with and how the media treats the FIAT brand.

Bernice

I think a big concern will be the Stealerships...

and how much over sticker price they are going to inflate the price because of all of the Pre-orders thinking the demand is greater then it actually is at first.

You have to think they will be trying to recoup some of that up front investment for the showrooms...

This could turn the 500 from a $15,000 sticker up to $20-21,000 because it is a "limited edition".

Time will tell...I hope they give the car a chance out of the box :guitar:

I hadn't realized...

...there were thousands of pre-orders. The only ones I am aware of are the less than 500 cars that were set aside for FLU members. That isn't a significant number by manufacturing/dealer standards.
Unless there is a major advertising campaign...the cars will sell at sticker. Right now, nobody would even know where to pre-order one.

Fiat

You know what that stands for

I Say yeah yeah yeah fix it again tony,

every one starts to laugh..... junk etc

Just don't give in. The Fix it thing deserves no more than a :rolleyes: Tell them it stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino, is the company that owns Maserati and Ferrari -- and produces some of the most advanced engines in the World (Yeah, I know I'm preaching to the choir).

If all they can do is repeat what was said during the Domestic dominance of the 70s, that is pretty pitiful.

yes I hear yah, points I have made many times to the hecklars

My post was to indicate the mind set of many towards the Fiat Brand. Their last memory was of a product with problems and a manufacturer who just walked away.
I'm not sure what Fiat is doing from a marketing stand point here in Canada to promote anything new. This 1 page site should change everybodies perception. http://www.ciaofiat.ca/en/ :rolleyes:

Do Canadians get a chance at a limited edition?

It shouldn't matter that the cars are made in Mexico. A huge portion of the major assemblies of domestic cars are made in Mexico anyway. It will save money on transportation and Mexicans can bolt something together just as well as anyone can, anyway.
Fiat is climbing out of a hole,... with car buyers over 40. If they're smart, which I think they are, they'll market to urban-suburban young people who never heard fix-it-again and value what's cool and hip. The kind of people that go to see movies with subtitles. If the 500 is a good car, word will get out. If it isn't, then Fiat will be dead meat.
Prius started out with too-cool-for-words ecoFreaks, now ex-linebackers buy them.

Back