Another nice '86 listed on BaT this week.

hi..i just bought this....how do you guys think i did.....any suggestions or help would be appreciated...i have a 1969 alfa spider...and once owned a 1976 x19....thanks

hi..i just bought this....how do you guys think i did.....any suggestions or help would be appreciated...i have a 1969 alfa spider...and once owned a 1976 x19....thanks

Congrats Alfaman, and welcome!

Overall it looks like you got a good car. Even though it lived in Connecticut, it looks like it was Ziebarted, not driven in winter, and was garage kept. I did not see any red flags in any of the pix.

What are your plans for the car: drive as is for the experience, or make some cosmetic and/or performance improvements?

Thanks for the welcome...it was kind of a spontaneous buy. I have always wanted another since i sold my 76 x19 years ago. I do most of my own work (have had alfas over the years) and i plan to make this a sunday driver. I really need to get up to speed in regard to proper lubricants, best places to buy parts what problems to watch out for on an 86, etc.
I know i could not keep my alfa on the road without the alfabb....and I really appreciate the info and helpful people on this site.

Welcome back to the X ownership world. You are in the right place for advice. Looks like a great car you picked up. Enjoy.

Congrats on buying a nice axample and returning to X-dom.

We look forward to getting to know you better, though hopefully not through any issues with your car :)

thanks guys...wow...nice x for the money....i looked for years in california and all i saw was junk....having restored cars over they years i finally followed the age old advice.....buy the nicest one you can afford and drive the heck out of it....

Back