Any interest in a North TX Black Friday Drive?

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Hey all,

My wife makes a yearly tradition of going shopping with her aunt, and work has me off that day. Wondering if there is any interest in a meet/drive around Collin county that day, for the guys similarly abandoned. There's some great county roads with some twisties and very little constabulary oversight.

Drinks in my shop afterwards! And hey, let's throw in some righteous brisket/ribs/burgers while we're at it. To sweeten (uh, savory?) the pot.

An opportunity to get a ride/drive in the K20 X19, or my Scorp. Also, if you have welding/pressing/lathing/milling/powdercoating/other stuff you need done, bring it along and we'll knock it out.

What say you, Albert, Art, Mike, Brian, Ken, and any other DFW locals?

Pete

Dang it! Sounds wonderful but I will be out of town. Going down to College Station to watch my Aggies. Thanks for the invite though! - Art

I'm thinking early afternoon...

like 1-4 or so. Give everybody time to find their way back home while it's still light out.

Pete

Only in Texas.. Black Friday in California is the worst day of the year to be on the road. Every grandmother and Tom Dick and Harry are out shopping. The roads are gridlocked and to compound it lots of folks head out to Vegas on Fridays compounding this problem. Best day of the year to curl up in front of a Fire and say fogetaboutit

The roads we will be on...

Only in Texas.. Black Friday in California is the worst day of the year to be on the road. Every grandmother and Tom Dick and Harry are out shopping. The roads are gridlocked and to compound it lots of folks head out to Vegas on Fridays compounding this problem. Best day of the year to curl up in front of a Fire and say fogetaboutit

Are so far away from shopping centers or the main arteries that lead to them, there will not be a problem. I live at the very edge of the DFW metroplex, my back property line begins the "unincorporated" area of the county. Sparse population density = sparse traffic density. :headbang:

Pete

But we still have no quorum...sad,sad.Doug just emailed me that maybe he can go if not tied up with work.So its yours call Pete,I think we should postpone for a later(maybe spring)date.I surely appreciate the invitation.....

So what's the count at?

I count 3, you , me and Bertsl. I'm fine with that if you guys want to do it. I'll just buy less beer and hamburgers!

Pete

Well John("bertsl")pm'ed me that he works ti'll 3pm on Friday,to keep him informed for a future occasion....So its you,me and possibly Doug 50/50 chance I guess.

Is that Ken Stevenson?

Okay, include me in!!!

Or a different Ken? Like this Ken?

DSCF0062-1.jpg

Or is that Mike's car? I can never keep it straight.

Pete

Whatcha doing...

on the X1/9 forum? Welcome!

Did you hear about the new X1/20 forum and decide to sign up? Or have you been lurking for a while?

The K20 X1/9 is up and running, how's the V6 Scorpion project?

Pete

So, while reading through the weekly backlog of Funny Pictures thread on FerrariChat.com, BLUROAD posted a link and mentioned a local drive. BLUROAD shows to hale from SoCal though.

Anyway, this was a winner this week.
http://www.wimp.com/brakinghard/

I really, really need to check out that K20. Can't wait.

My Lancia is very much down for paint and interior.

Back