Any owners from Portugal on here with advice?

flaviaman

True Classic
Strongly considering moving to Portugal from the western US this summer and would be taking the red car with me....any owners from Portugal on this forum with advice?

Thanks in advance....

1672685416231.png

I've been researching international locations to retire to. I haven't looked into Portugal (yet) but I have found a couple others of interest. Some countries do not allow you to bring any vehicles with you, others allow it but it is quite a process (which can get costly). I'd be interested in hearing your overall take on Portugal if you want to send me a message.

This is interesting in that lots of coasties think salvation comes by moving out west! Our ex-Xhead Ed Cohen moved to Boulder from northern Virginia to "escape" and says the place is infested with Californians who are ruining the place.

Can you contact the Portugal embassy for official stuff like bringing your car?

lots of coasties think salvation comes by moving out west
That's exactly why west coast people are looking to leave it, too many transplants from the rest of the country have congested and ruined it for us. :p

Way too many californians trying hard to ruin the rest of the countries. They destroyed Oregon and Washington 20 years ago and are now looking for new hunting grounds

Strongly considering moving to Portugal from the western US this summer and would be taking the red car with me....any owners from Portugal on this forum with advice?

Thanks in advance....

View attachment 69306
sun city....

I'm sure you could find worse, say Eugene or Bellevue. I've been to Lisboa, they speak portuguese with an Irish accent. The Brasilians aren't huge fans of the portugueses, sort of the the equivalent of the polish jokes of days gone by. As for autos, I think Portugal once boasted a 2CV assembly plant. At least the spaniards next door had SEAT 600's and 850's. You should leave the X with your brother and pick up one of these. Nobody will try to carjack you.

1672704760126.png

sun city....

I'm sure you could find worse, say Eugene or Bellevue. I've been to Lisboa, they speak portuguese with an Irish accent. The Brasilians aren't huge fans of the portugueses, sort of the the equivalent of the polish jokes of days gone by. As for autos, I think Portugal once boasted a 2CV assembly plant. At least the spaniards next door had SEAT 600's and 850's. You should leave the X with your brother and pick up one of these. Nobody will try to carjack you.

View attachment 69319
I was actually considering finding one of these for a DD....then again they are all getting old and no doubt trashed......plus it has been decades since I changed head gaskets and the de-tensioner on a Busso V6....

1672709548666.png

Move to Australia Mate u can bring your car. In the state of New South Wales classic car registration is $47 AU a year (about $30us) if u join a car club https://x19.com.au/index.html. Just dont live in Sydney one of the most expensive realestate in the world.

It's an American past time. Years ago everyone hated New Yorkers, now it's time to beat on the Californians. In time we will pick on someone else, Maybe Texans?

Americans and the rest of the world love Canadians, why, who knows.

It's an American past time. Years ago everyone hated New Yorkers, now it's time to beat on the Californians. In time we will pick on someone else, Maybe Texans?

Americans and the rest of the world love Canadians, why, who knows.
Ask the Canadian truckers ;)

You don't want to piss off truckers, no matter what country they drive in.

Sadly, no one has really answered the original question but I guess that means we don't know.

What's with all the hate for Californians?😭 How have we ruined anything?
You must live full time in a gated community. Homelessness, open drug use, crapping in the street by other than dogs, no consequences for crime, endless free stuff for everyone but actual residents that work, Lgbqtsuxyzization of children starting in preschool, paranoia of the 2nd amendment, to name just a few. When they move to save on their high taxes, they take their cesspool of values with them.

Last edited:
No, there are still states and people that do not agree with legalized degeneracy and want to be left alone. Why do you think that much of rural Oregon wants to secede and become part of Idaho.

Back