Anyone have a pic of Panasport Wheels on an X?

RicB

True Classic
I'm debating about which wheels to get for my red 86 which I'm planning to put 74 bumpers on. My current Tron wheels are bent so I need to do something but I also don't want to spend a fortune. Not sure I can justify the $375 per wheel for repro CD-30's even though they would look great. Anyone have experience with Compomotive Wheels? Here are their Panasport look-alike wheels. http://www.usacomp.com/ml.htm Thanks.

Check out Angelo's X

These look to be pretty wide wheels, but they are panasports:
44354781.jpg

100_0868JPGangelo.jpg

Here is Angelo's entry in the "Official Member Car Picture Thread" which is stickied at the top of the DF.

http://xwebforums.org/showpost.php?p=7116&postcount=16

Is your car solid red or two tone like BobB's?

I have a set of real Panos mounted on my rosso/grigio '85 and I think they look great-- better than I expected, actually. More aggressive than the CD30s, which I quite like but would hate to run on a daily basis for fear of damage.

I'm less fond of the Panasport copies though. Didn't look at the price-- are they that much cheaper than genuine Panasports from Vicks?

Don't have any pics of my car but could get some in the next few days if you're not in a big hurry.

///Mike

Mike - Mine's solid red...

and I can wait a couple of days for some pics. I'll also check on Vick's site for pricing.

Okay Ric, I'll try to get some pics on Tuesday but it may be Wednesday before I can post them. PM me your e-mail addy to get them the quickest.

Unfortunately they won't be quite as helpful as they would be if our cars were the same color, but hopefully it'll help some. I've noticed that certain wheels look better on certain cars, based on the color and trim on the car.

For example, until I got my '85 I didn't care that much about CD30s because I like my Campy 4 spokes for my rosso arancio '76, and I think it'd look great wearing Daytonas too. I haven't tried the Campys on the '85 but after seeing pics of BobB's car I think CD30s would look the most sophisticated on my two-tone '85.

But like I said, the Panasports surprised me by looking better than I expected, at least in person. It'll be interesting to see how they look in pics. I suspect they would look at least as good on your solid red car.

Cheers,

///Mike

I also like these also but...

(Referring to Dayton Tom's AR wheels) I'm hesitant about buying used wheels. I've been burned real bad purchasing a set for my BMW which needed to be restored. Found out that they were bent (even though the PO indicated they weren't), getting that fixed and then having issues getting them powder coated and then to find when I got the tires mounted and had them road force balanced that they were still out of round :mad4:. Dropped way too much $ on that experiment.

Panasports? Well duh...

Panasports on an X. I had two sets. Love them. I also have a set on my MR2.

These are 13x8.5, three piece.

ShowField2.jpg

ShowField3.jpg

SouthSweeper4.jpg

Here is another X with the same wheels in the original finish.

jimbaustian2000bfg4.gif

These are 13x7, 1 piece.

Nationals08Zack.jpg

Wheels...

I think that the ones I had were actually MiniLites. I remember that they were taken from vintage X1/9 racer that Mark Jones had years ago. I do know that they were magnesium though. Very light.
Brett

Back