Anyone have some K20 swap exhaust photos?

Rodger

True Classic
I am starting my exhaust build and would love to see what others have done to give me some ideas. I remembered a post last year (I think) that showed a really nice custom system that someone had made, but I can't find it. Thanks.

IMG_5851.JPEG
IMG_5854.JPEG
IMG_5853.JPEG
Here's mine so far

Thanks! How is the muffler suspended? Is it hung from the stock brackets on springs or is the whole thing hanging off of the exhaust manifold? I was looking at the stock RSX system, and it uses a flexible joint at the end of the header with a cone shaped gasket, but Matt’s install shows it solidly welded to the header.

Thanks! How is the muffler suspended? Is it hung from the stock brackets on springs or is the whole thing hanging off of the exhaust manifold? I was looking at the stock RSX system, and it uses a flexible joint at the end of the header with a cone shaped gasket, but Matt’s install shows it solidly welded to the header.

I honestly don't know how it's suspended. I will try to crawl under there this weekend and figure it out, and get some pics.

Pete

I recently re-posted photos from James (@jlmurphy21 in Colorado) in response to the "K20 swap Australia" thread.
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/k20-swap-australia.34778/#post-298155

This is the build he did himself. I've never seen the way MWB did theirs with the hack-a-shorty header method. Which header did you source? I picked up a cheap ebay one and was very disappointed with the build quality.
Thanks for the link to James's post. That is the one I was looking for. Too bad about the photos, but at least you saved a few. I pm'd him to see if he can share them again. I recently got this header on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-1-SS-RAC...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 It seemed decent to me, except for the way the four tubes come into the collector. My plan is to cut it off like Pete's and clean that up a bit. It's for the A3 motor, but it fits the head and the output at the collector is 2.5".

Thanks for the link to James's post. That is the one I was looking for. Too bad about the photos, but at least you saved a few. I pm'd him to see if he can share them again. I recently got this header on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-1-SS-RACING-MANIFOLD-HEADER-EXHAUST-02-05-ACURA-RSX-DC5-05-CIVIC-Si-EP3-K20A3/190657374778?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 It seemed decent to me, except for the way the four tubes come into the collector. My plan is to cut it off like Pete's and clean that up a bit. It's for the A3 motor, but it fits the head and the output at the collector is 2.5".

Wait...you got a nice polished 304 SS header.....complete with gaskets and hardware....and free shipping.....for $46 ?? Do they have an X1/9 header too LOL ??

I think I got the same or very similar header a few years back for 42 bucks
Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 1.32.41 PM.png

and the poor collector merge is the thing I have a hard time getting over
IMG_20160626_221226.jpg

I too would love to see some more pictures of other's K20 exhaust setups in detail.

That would be great if you can post a couple of pics of the muffler, etc. Thanks.

Well, without jacking the car up, I'm not going to be able to see much. Next time I have it up in the air I will get some shots. In the meantime, I did verify that the muffler is "conventionally" suspended with springs. Still not sure if there are any flex joints in the system.

IMG_1939[1].JPG

Back