Anyone here running the KW? coilover kit here?

Karfrik

Albert
i remember a big discussion about this coilvers here more than a yr ago and also remember Carl in Alaska was gonna try them.So anyone?.......thanks

KW makes a coilover for the X? I recall lots of talk about K-sport, and geforce w/ koni race inserts, but don't remember reading about KW.

I ran KW's on my VW Corrado, Great coilovers. They make a solid product, I would wouldn't think twice about ordering a set from them for the X if I had some cash to do so.

VW & Audi guys love em. Contact Ohlin's if you want the ultimate suspension setup, probably cost you a butt load of cash and possibly a kidney, but they will do custom setups. I know they have a facility in Atlanta GA and Hendersonville NC

The ones i`m talking about used to retail for around $900-$1200.00 if i remember well...... i don`t recall if it was K-Sport or KW,thats what im trying to find out also........but first hand experience in an X is what counts here...........Al

Seriously anyone who posts again in this post with out pics is to do a self imposed ban...:eat:

Thanks Wombat!!!.....now we have part of the issue solved,now we need someone who`s using them.Does anyone remember Carls(from Alaska) user name? he`s a professional photographer and used own the infamous "orange crush" down in the northwest......

Thanks Wombat!!!.....now we have part of the issue solved,now we need someone who`s using them.Does anyone remember Carls(from Alaska) user name? he`s a professional photographer and used own the infamous "orange crush" down in the northwest......

They look very nice indeed, I'm guessing these probably wont fit the earlier models (eg. 1978)

They look very nice indeed, I'm guessing these probably wont fit the earlier models (eg. 1978)

No they would work with earlier years. I think the issue people were having was that the springs they came with were to tall by 2 inches or so. So the lowest setting was higher then stock. Shorter springs fix that.

My understanding is that all the X struts are universal to all years. I have 74 strut housings in my 86. So the reverse should be possible as well.

No they would work with earlier years. I think the issue people were having was that the springs they came with were to tall by 2 inches or so. So the lowest setting was higher then stock. Shorter springs fix that.

My understanding is that all the X struts are universal to all years. I have 74 strut housings in my 86. So the reverse should be possible as well.

That's handy to know! I guess KSport could supply the shorter springs as well!

Geez.. a quick search on "Ksport"

Check Arman's response in particular. Here you go:

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/9282/

There is a search button up top for a reason. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"... tall by 2 inches or so. So the lowest setting was higher then stock. Shorter springs fix that."

... And so would a Dremel Cut-off wheel...

On a stock spring, yes...

"... tall by 2 inches or so. So the lowest setting was higher then stock. Shorter springs fix that."

... And so would a Dremel Cut-off wheel...

But the 2.5" universal coil-over springs have a flat mounting surface and just going at it with a dremel tool would not reproduce that flat surface that is necessary to properly bear the weight on the spring.

See this image:

R1RacingCoiloverSleeveKitforMitsubi.jpg

Pete

Asked the seller for more info on the struts and he referred me to go and ask KSport directly.Thats what i call customer service!!!...lol:rolleyes:
Replied them back and told them basically they shouldn`t be selling stuff they dont know sh..t about.Also told them i bet they don`t even have it in stock:mallet:...lets wait and see what they have to say.....lol:innocent:

They don't stock them, Ksport doesn't either. it's to low demand so their made to order. I talked to Ksport then found the cheapest price to buy.

Asked the seller for more info on the struts and he referred me to go and ask KSport directly.Thats what i call customer service!!!...lol:rolleyes:
Replied them back and told them basically they shouldn`t be selling stuff they dont know sh..t about.Also told them i bet they don`t even have it in stock:mallet:...lets wait and see what they have to say.....lol:innocent:

In the product description section it says
"Please note that many applications are built to order by Ksport and take 2-3 weeks to ship. By bidding on this auction, you agree to wait 2-3 weeks for a tracking number. Unfortunately once you bid, Ksport receives our order and subjects cancellations to a 25% restocking fee. If you are unwilling to wait, please call or email us to confirm the coilovers are in stock before bidding. If this product is a custom order with Ksport, it is highly unlikely that any other Ksport dealer offering it has it in stock."

So I'd say it's highly likely that they don't have them, they never have them and they ship directly from KSport. Looks like all they do is sell them and let KSport do the rest. If they did more they would most likely have to charge more.

Read all the KSport Posts I made

There are several reasons to be wary.... I am at working at the moment, so I can't elaborate., I can answer any questions about what I posted.

Thanks,

Arman

Back