Approved sneak preview of header and exhaust system

We're building them now, going to install one next week. I have prices pretty well set, but I'm working on the ceramic coating price, trying to get it as low as possible.

Header only-----------------------------------------------$525
Complete system including a Hushpower muffler----$850
Complete system with Hushpower muffler
and dual exits--------------------------------------------$875
Header and system ceramic coated and polished----$995
Complete system includes everything needed to install, hanger springs, collector bolts and gaskets. System can be ordered for either left or right exit.
Exhaust system uses the stock mounting locations

Any pics with catalyst? I still have two more years of emissions inspections to live with. Any video clips of exhaust note?

We're doing an installation with a catalyst this coming week. We'll do pics, a video and sound. If scheduling works out, we'll have dyno comparisons also

Legal for California smog?

Will the Cat have the code stamped in it as required now, as all cats while maybe being efficient are not compliant with the new CA laws.
Rolf.

I tried to get him to let me prototype the system, but that was a no go :(. Looks like I will be saving up some more cash moneys.

Unit is installed, here is a link to a video with sound. Next step will be follow-up dyno test early next week.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMDljK0zQI"]YouTube- Fiat X1/9 with header from Allison's Automotive[/ame]

I happened by there to pick up some parts and saw the install. Very nice fit. The muffler area looks half empty now. It was weighed and I think there was about a ten lb savings in weight. To bad I dont have any use for this system. i liked the sound.

I drove the car today and all I can say is "wow", the car just leaps when you hit the throttle, and the sound is really good. Follow up dyno run will take place early in the week and I'll post before and after results

In your honest opinion....

The header looks amazing and sounds incredible but do you honestly feel there is that much difference between Allison's Automotive header and a PBS header like I have? I already have a high flow muffler with single in and two outs but the PBS header isn't as radical looking as yours is so do you think it would be a noticeable enough difference to replace mine expense aside as I do all my own work.

PBS Header..

Allison's Automotive Header...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

'PeteX1/9

Last edited:
I don't have any idea how efficient those headers are. Everyone has been bugging me for dyno results, but I haven't been able to come up with any tests on the PBS/Vicks/IAP headers anywhere.

I don't have any idea how efficient those headers are. Everyone has been bugging me for dyno results, but I haven't been able to come up with any tests on the PBS/Vicks/IAP headers anywhere.

I would like to see/price one of those for comparison. Where are they available? Google doesn't return any hits outside of Fiat forums..

Back