Best dustless brake pads?

Discussion in 'Discussion Forum' started by Huey, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Huey

Huey True Classic

what are the best brake pads that don’t crud up the wheels? I’m running semi-metallics and my wheels turn brown after every drive.

2. Integrale

Integrale Daily Driver

Ceramic pads will give the least amount.

3. Ulix

Ulix True Classic

Generally brake dust and performance seem to be a trade off.
    I was told by someone in the premium automotive market that the US und European version of some luxury cars get different brake pads.
    US gets low dust and EU gets performance pads (with nasty dust) because the US version wouldn't withstand an panic stop from 155mph on the Autobahn.

myronx19 likes this.
  4. carl

carl True Classic

I'm currently using the MWB performance street pads which are better than the Green Stuff pads and leave very little dust on the wheels.

nichol01 and myronx19 like this.
  5. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

For low dust I second the ceramic recommendation. In my opinion they seem to be the best trade off between performance and dust. There are hybrid compounds with ceramic and various performance materials that offer higher performance than regular ceramic pads, but I don't have any specific recommendations (haven't tried any of them yet).

myronx19 likes this.
  6. myronx19

myronx19 True Classic