BEST of FRANCE & ITALY (BFI) November 4th

This was going to be the year I made it to BFI

Then I bought a house, no time or money left for fun stuff. What was I thinking? :sigh:

I hope you get a great day. Maybe I will make it next year.

The house, the mortgage, and the family...

will all probably be there when you get back!

Book now... and if Sister Mary-Margaret won't let ya stay with her, you can stay with us!

I'm giving some serious thought about attending, so how about a little more info for a novice like moi? Is the $20 preferred parking for those wanting a booth or perhaps showing a car?

Jim,

The link below should give you more information about the show.
http://www.franceanditaly.com/

I've found the show to be more of a big love fest/social event where you get to hook up with old friends, make new friends, and talk to owners about their cars. Since it's unjudged, you'll see a range from rust buckets to pristine cars.

The $20 is the registration fee. The French cars go to one side of the park, the Italian cars to the other. The X 1/9's are grouped together, so you can walk down the line and see some pretty sweet X's. If you're looking for parts, vendors such as Chris Obert and Vick Autosports are generally there, as well as other folks.

If you can make it down, we'd love to meet you and see all of Bob's mistakes you've corrected since acquiring the Queen. Plus, it would give you the opportunity to pay in person the $20 you owe Papa Tony.:excited:

Mike

Are we planning a get together there where everyone brings something good to eat or drink? The last one was pretty nice. Think it was 2 years ago. Last year was the first time I didnt make it.

Baja Bob,

You up to do pancakes?? I can bring sausage and bacon again. I realize it's a lot of work, but just thought I'd ask since Rey was asking.

Mike

Here's the flyer...

An event worth attending.
The SF bay area club, Fiat America, is organizing a big tour to the event again. They have options of up to 4 days & 1,500 miles of great roads to keep you off the main highways, and will arrange a group hotel about 40 minutes away from the event.
I stay about 5 minutes away at the Best Western Carrage House in Sherman Oaks, got my best rate by asking for the manager's special.
When I called they told me the place was almost sold out, so if your considering that for your stay you should make your reservations soon.
And it's well worth the $20.00 to display your car as the organizers have put a lot into this event.

BTW, best to bring your own food as the food in the roach coaches that might show up isn't worth eating...

Chris Obert

Pancake Breakfast and car wash before the show

Correction: DATE is November 4 2012 , I will fix the flyer soon......
Everyone,
Once again Pride Auto Body will host a pre-show pancake breakfast. There will be of my staff to wash cars for those who have traveled from afar. See attached map for directions. We are just five minutes from the park.
1) From the 405 Freeway exit Burbank Bl. and go EAST.
2) Turn left ( north) on Sepulveda
3) Right ( east) on Oxnard Street to 15106 Oxnard
Call for questions or ??
Bob T.
bfiflyer-page-001_zpsb5b9179c.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect that the 9th is...

just for folks who might be coming in from Wyoming...

(You can re-heat the flapjacks from the 4th!)

HA!

Good catch Jim...

I don't suppose they will let my Michelotti styled Triumph Stag in? Possibly I just don't let on what it is.....

I actually once talked my way into this or something similar, and parked behind the Alfas, oh, 12 years ago.

BFI options...

Does anyone want to have a drive the day before? or some other activity?
Bob
I hope to have this car running by the meet....
X1-9_Honda_general_zps6d9982f9.jpg

X1-9_Honda_engine_zps078baddc.jpg

Bob,

PLEASE do bring that car. Which engine is that in there? A very clean installation.

I'm sure that does not go fast or anything:whistle:

Bob,

PLEASE do bring that car. Which engine is that in there? A very clean installation.

I'm sure that does not go fast or anything:whistle:

Its a supercharged k20 with 270 horseys. It eats vipers for breakfast....:shock:

Breakfast at Bobs, Yeah!

Hi Bob,
Thanks for hosting the breakfast again and to the wonderful Southern California hospitality you all show us. As Chris Obert posted, a bunch of us from the San Francisco Bay Area will be driving down to the show again. Really looking forward to seeing you all and attending the show.
Dan Yee

Back