Can someone tell me how to adjust how far my window goes up?

Zona

Jase
Someone had told me in another thread that there is a cam type thing somewhere that adjusts how high my window is allowed to go but I cannot find it.
Windowmechanism.jpg

Different,,,

than the cam I was referring to. Mine is eighther on my 79 0r 81 ? I don't remember if it has your type of adjuster though. Looks like that will do it also. :)

I was looking at that but it didn't look like a cam so I assumed it was not what I was looking for, I knew posting a pic was the way to go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C69w_D9cNAo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C69w_D9cNAo[/ame]

I haven't had to do this for quite a while, so I might be wrong. There is a metal tab that the adjuster bumps against to stop the window from going up any further. If I remember correctly, after time the tab bends upward, as it is pretty lightweight. Check for this and if it seems bent, straighten it or bend it back down.

Jim

I got the tab bent (which was a PITA btw) so my window stops but now the rear of the window raises higher than the front, so if the rear is at the right level the front is completely open and if the front is right the rear hits the weather stripping. Help?
IMAG0052.jpg

The adjuster cam on my 82

is located top center of the door. It's elongated so you can remove the screw/bolt holding it on, rotate it, and reinstall it, thereby adjusting the travel of the window. My 86 and 82 have had this installed. Yours may be missing, but the mounting point should remain. I apologize for not having a picture.

More adjusting...

You may have to slip the window holder forward tighter to the forward track, and maybe the rear track can be snugged up too. It may just be that the fuzzy track is worn out.

Yes

One runs from inside the door up the rear edge of the "wing window", the other is hidden in the door and stops at the rear edge of the door top. I'm guessing there is a little adjustment available there, if not the felted channel rubber needs changing. Lubing it with some silicone spray helps a lot.

Back