Can't get my targa to latch properly.

Window adjust.

Once the door liner is off ,near the center of the top of the door you will see a round piece of plastic ( actually shaped like a cam ) just loosen it and rotate the plastic ,adjust ,and retighten. It is like a bumper stop and when the window is raised it prevents it from going too high. Too low it may leak //too high it may hit the roof edge.

I just loosened the screws and slid it back about 3mm and re-tightened them. I feel this will be the easiest fix I do for this car:dead:

Jeff ,,,

Yes , just tap on it when loose , it should move easily unless there is paint (paint job) holding it somewhat. you can see the slotted holes in the last picture. The movable plate makes a sandwich with the top one to tighten it up. Some cars have a similar set up to adjust the door latch also.

MIne adjusted nicely too. Moved the plate back about 1/4" and now that corner won't lift when latched. Thanks! Tick off another one. Took a second to tighten the passenger sun visor too today that was tending to fall. Thanks for the tips.

Back