Cool 1974 one owner X1/9 Find!

Radial Twister Positraction! They just dont' make tires like they used to, do they. I've seen this car in person I must say it's a wonderful time capsule. Sure, it will need everything that many other derelict X1/9s need when coming out of hibernation, but as a very straight/rust-free period time machine it will be a rewarding awakening for all!

I have vin 10202
IMG_0217 2.jpg

Wow, an X1/9 with POS-A-TRACTION. Probably helped it get up that steep hill on the delivery truck! :)

Nice find Brett. I thought the MWB in that stock beige color was the only one in existence with that color scheme.

Way to go, Brett! Looks like it was in a dry part of CA so hopefully no major rust issues to deal with. Interior seems quite respectable. The clock in the center console is a nice touch. Not sure about that shift knob though ;)

Pos-A-Traction: Positively you have A traction, not necessarily All traction. Heh.

A year ago I sold #10213 on this site, also "sand" color. It was originally from Toronto, Canada. I regretted selling that car, so I recently bought the blue '74 that was on eBay in January. It is chassis #12361. It won't be delivered until after the Amelia Island concours next weekend frees up some trucks. It has been in storage since 1979, so it will be quite the recommissioning project. A Fiat enthusiast 1 mile from me has a yellow '74 with only 6,000 miles on it from new!

A year ago I sold #10213 on this site, also "sand" color. It was originally from Toronto, Canada. I regretted selling that car, so I recently bought the blue '74 that was on eBay in January. It is chassis #12361. It won't be delivered until after the Amelia Island concours next weekend frees up some trucks. It has been in storage since 1979, so it will be quite the recommissioning project. A Fiat enthusiast 1 mile from me has a yellow '74 with only 6,000 miles on it from new!

I have chassis # 12348. It's French blue too. I wonder if they made runs of cars with the same color?

Looks like 70s-era "Spark-o-matic" shift knob. Available from K-mart and PepBoys as I recall.
I put a Sparkomatic shifter like that into a 62 Fairlane. I don't think the ends of the wood handle were quite as tapered as the one above. That shifter boot looks like it came off a semi!

Nice find! And it has all of the little heater/fan/vet/ knobs to boot. Joking aside, tons of potential in that "little x"

Back