Corbeau LE Elise Seats Group Buy??????

fillic

Low Mileage
Is anyone interested in the Corbeau LE seats? I'm going to buy a pair and another member here might be interested also. I can try getting a better price of £376 plus shipping from eliseparts.com or even try Corbeau directly in England, the US company I believe is a separate entity and they quoted me more than Elise Parts ($650.00 +shipping). Remember we are buying 2 at a time, Elise owners can only buy 1 since only one LE seat fits into their car.

If anyone is also a member at the Miata and Lotus forum, we can post there also for a group buy, maybe we can fill up a container, LOL

As I recall...

A few days you posted a question about their fitment in an X. Where does that stand?

I'm thinking you're going to have a lot more success with this venture if you can post exactly what it took to fit them into an X.

Pete

More Info Corbeau LE Seats

Good point, there was a thread in August where some members have installed a few different seats including a Lotus OEM seat from an Elise and they fit "perfect". A good thread to read for information if you want to swap seats, not only from a Lotus. Remember these are fixed back and from what I read you lose the access to the spare?

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/22314/

The base width of the LE Standard is 16.5" and the X's door sill to center tunnel is 19". The height is about 33" which is about 3" lower than a standard sport seat (36"). This was one of my criteria when I began searching for seats, didn't want a seat that was much taller than the stock seat including a seat with low or no side bolsters, it's hard enough to get out of the car now, and seats that look like a transition from old school to new just like our beloved X was, so no big wings. I've seen way too many small cars like the X fitted with traditional sport/racing seats that look like Lazy Boys in such a tight space. I would of liked a seat with harness loops but the LE Pro looks like a tombstone and it's 3" taller than the Standard.

The little I saw from a picture of an X with Elise seats,

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/12337/

they might seem a little too spartan, you see a lot more of the floor and it makes the interior seem huge. You can get all the different measurements here at the Corbeau UK site for all of their LE line.

http://www.corbeau-seats.com/lotusreplacement/le-standard-passenger

We should ask members RBK's-75X and Chris Obert if they can post some pictures of his Elise equipped X and what he did for fitting the rails, I was thinking to get the bracket and rail from a Lotus.

The Lotus seat is the number one replacement seat for the Miata and the Miata seat is a popular replacement for the X. From what I understand you will sit much lower compared to the stock seat, great for most of you, but at 5'7", I might have to use a telephone book.

Sorry about the links but I'm new to the site and every forum is different in how you can post images. Remember to also investigate this yourself, very expensive (but much less than custom) seats. I'm still investigating wheel backspacing, I'm getting different opinions from different sources, because at the end I;m the one putting down the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
elise seats

I have a pair of Lotus Elise seats in my 1975 X. They fit perfectly. The only issue is the rail & mounting them. If you get seats with the rails that's great. I would some how try to adapt the rails from the X seats, These seats will drop you down a tad. The are very form/contour fitting and very comfortable on long tours. Some of the seats have a Lombard adjustment (air bladder) for added comfort.
If you loon up Lotus seats, Elise on eBay, at the bottom of the page there is listed a company with "after market" products and they have seats; also I believe there is a pair of Elise seats on eBay now.
Maybe Chris Obert can post the pictures he has, I'm not very good at posting pictures, old timer challenged.
Bottom line I will put them in my next project X.

elise seats follow up

Buying rails and sliders from Lotus are EXPENSIVE; try about $700 - $800 each; I tried. In a Elise only the drivers seat has slide rails, the passenger seat is in a fixed position. So using the existing rails on the X and seats would be the best way to go.
RBK

Elise Seats

Tried contacting the ones on eBay and on their web site and never got a response. Kind of leery with 0 eBay feedback.

There some used ones in England available they are from an Elise 160 but a burgundy/natural in color. As anyone seen a burgundy/red interior with a red exterior?

Here is where I found the best price for the Corbeau seats.

http://www.eliseparts.com/products/category/48/seats/

This outfit is a wrecker of Lotus cars in England, you can check out quite a few used seats on ebay listed under uklotuscentre (nickname). None that would match my red color Fiat. They quoted me £250 for shipping but never gave them an offer.

http://www.uklotuscentre.co.uk

As I mentioned I was leaning towards the Standard but the LE Pro has the harness eyes but seem they might be too much seat mass for our car.

Thoughts highly appreciated.

It never occurred to me I sit in Elise seats all the time! My brother has a Tesla 85 Model S and they are the same seats as in the Lotus. They are very very comfortable and even without side bolsters, it holds you in the seat quite well, my brother is somewhat on the aggressive side when driving. We took a off ramp at a very high speed tonight and there was hardly any butt movement but the shoulders did lean somewhat since it has no ears. With the X I think we are so close to the doors it should keep us fairly upright.

Back