Dallara Body Kits - Which One?

Here are some pics of a front fender, typical for the kit.

Front fender

View attachment 12709

Close up of gelcoat - looks okay to me
View attachment 12708

Some rough spots that will need attention

View attachment 12710

Inside
View attachment 12711

Thickness pictures - varies from 1/16 to 1/8, probably a 3/32 average, panels have good stiffness.

View attachment 12712
View attachment 12713

Looks nice & solid construction - I've seen pics of some kits that are very thin. Greenwood offered a 2 layer (track/racing version) or 3 layer for street. Looks like typical install cleanup & fitting adjustments will be needed. Are you doing it yourself? I had to fabricate a bunch of supports for the nose pieces, I would expect yours will need similar, if not additional since it incorporates the forward fender sections.

From the 'inside' pic it appears the fenders have the complete profile to attach to the inner fender vs. bonding to remnants of stock fender, so you will be removing the originals in their entirety?

I will be doing this myself. I had to do a fair bit of fiberglass work on my airplane when I built it, so I have some familiarity with it. I use West System Epoxy - very little odor, comes with coordinated pumps for mixing. My research indicates that epoxy adheres well to cured polyester and vinyl ester. Sanding and filling and sanding and filling........ I use micro-balloons mixed with epoxy for normal filler, add cabosil where slumping could be a problem, and add flox in areas that need structural integrity. I've fooled around with vacuum bagging to make new parts, but still have lots to learn.

The fenders do have the complete profile, so I have the option of replacing the entire fender. Will make that call when I get there.

As I said in the other post:

My friend wouldn't used the same kit if he had to start again. This is the one from Croatia. But the price was right, even including the shipping. Delivered in Québec for 1500$ canadian, not bad at all.

Last edited:
So what are you going to do with the car? Shiw car then go with Matt. Close by and issues will be solved quickly. Race car which only needs to look good at 5 feet then any of these will work. On my car the flairs where already installed and the rear wheels did not center in the opening. They where about 1" too far forward. No big deal on a race car though...

~675€ shipped to me 🤩
I guess that won’t be able to refuse this 😅

*at the moment my car looks good only from 10 feet, and only left side 😅
That's cheap. But I noticed the weight of the kit is just 13 kg. That is very light (consider the roof on a X is 8 kg) so I would be a little bit concerned about thickness and quality of the Croatian kit.
I found a good complete kit including roof, hood and trunk lid for 750 EUR a couple of years ago. I didn't have space to store it so I didn't buy it which I regret.

has anyone dealt with franco fibercar?
I know this is old, but just an update for anyone that stumbles over here. I’ve never got a response from fibercar, and from the conversation I had with Matt at MWB their moulds need to be replaced and right now they don’t have the demand for them.

Mark and I bought the fibercar kit when we built our autocross car (look left). Rough would describe it, but that was OK with us as we were building a race car!
I picked it up myself on an Italian trip. He had it boxed and ready to load. When it got home we discovered a few glaring mistakes, and when I confronted him about it he said he would supply replacement panels. Which he did when I ordered the next kit.
The guy who bought that kit also agreed that his was rough. Fibercar used pictures of my completed car when later displaying their Dallara kit. When I examined the kit he had on display he had made improvements since my kit.
My kit is retained by Dzus fasteners, so it's easy to take off the panels for service. Especially since we took off a lot of the original sheet metal and reinforced the chassis with a full cage to all of the suspension pick up points.

Mark and I bought the fibercar kit when we built our autocross car (look left).
Chris and Mark's X at the 2006 nationals at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS.
IM001840.JPGIM001841.JPG

I know this is old, but just an update for anyone that stumbles over here. I’ve never got a response from fibercar, and from the conversation I had with Matt at MWB their moulds need to be replaced and right now they don’t have the demand for them.
bummer, shifting mine to dallara was one of the next on my list of to do's.

Odie

bummer, shifting mine to dallara was one of the next on my list of to do's.

Odie

Reach out to Derek Greenwood (Florida) - he made the kit I used. They used to make 2 or 3 layer, depending on race or street application. I'll see if I have his email.

There is still a vendor ok uk ebay that sells dallara kits. They look like the ones CASCU made, not sure if its the same person, but its another option.

Back