Dallara Build

Looks ike pgs 47-48 have the info needed. Didn't see that catalog link :D

Carl - you're right, this would make a good separate topic. I'm definitely leaning to ditching the factory box & using this, esp since I'll have the entire dash reworked anyway.

I'm hopeless at updating one though it's so difficult to add pictures when you have to reduce the sizes and things I run out of enthusiasm for updating the page by the time I am done.

Can you take more pics of the casing as it sits from the front (console) side? I'm going to cut out that area on mine & want to minimise the rearward arc back to the tunnel. Hard to tell from the two pics just how much it protrudes into that area. Also, curious if you can still access the throttle cable attachment once that box is situated. Would be a bitch if it all had to come out just to change a cable.

I didn’t actually take any of those and unfortunately I’ve leant the dummy unit to a mate.

So your going to cut the structure between the tunnel and the dash bar that supports the centre console?

Unfortunately it will require the units pulled out to change the throttle cable.
FC4C285B-9513-4C4D-BB26-D5F79A8C6D8E.jpeg
BEC5336E-9ACA-4D6E-843A-FE6234C1DE43.jpeg

I didn’t actually take any of those and unfortunately I’ve leant the dummy unit to a mate.

So your going to cut the structure between the tunnel and the dash bar that supports the centre console?

Unfortunately it will require the units pulled out to change the throttle cable.

Where is the AC drain situated?

Good job I just replaced mine then :D

I'm going to use a shorter throw support that doesn't come back into the knee/leg area.

Like Clark, I'm going to build a 308 based dashboard. Don't want that nasty center console. I'll get rid of the Bertone fusebox while I'm at it, I think.

Fair enough, I don't know I've only got the dummy up version at this stage so I may not even put it where it is now once I get the final unit. I'd imagine it's going to be at the bottom which doesn't really bother me I'm dropping the coolant pipes and redoing the tunnel for them anyway so I can run the drain when it's all open.

Fair enough, I don't know I've only got the dummy up version at this stage so I may not even put it where it is now once I get the final unit. I'd imagine it's going to be at the bottom which doesn't really bother me I'm dropping the coolant pipes and redoing the tunnel for them anyway so I can run the drain when it's all open.

How's this build coming along?

One of the guys near me had one and thought it looked easy lol so I foolishly thought alright I’ll do it that way.

If I'm not mistaken, I see a set of VAS coilovers
And they appear to be the top of the line 'adjustable' ones. I'd also be interested to hear how they do over time, to compare with the standard (non-adjustable) ones I have.

Car is looking great.

I Think it's time to start a build thread on this car

It's been 14 years in the making but I'm finally making some good headway in getting it running.

It's been in primer and bog for 14 years and now I've finally painted it.

The plan is basically to build a modern X19 with a dallara bodykit
It will have a 200bhp Uno turbo out of my other car which i'll be building another motor for.
Motec M84 ECU
Full custom Rewire
Electric Windows
Vintage Air A/C, Heat and defrost I'm ditching the factory heater controls I can't stand them.

I've flushed the engine bay as I don't require the access panel for the Dizzy it will run a Hall sensor off a Punto GT which you don't need to change.

This should be a nice road car that I can pretty much drive every day.

Hopefully over the coming months I can transform it into a running driving vehicle.

View attachment 8015
View attachment 8008 View attachment 8009 View attachment 8010 View attachment 8011 View attachment 8012 View attachment 8013 View attachment 8014 View attachment 8008
The wheels...Those are the best. Where did you get them? And, what are the sizes.

They are Group 4 wheels they are a 15 x10 rear 15x9 front not what I would have gone with for a road car because of tyre selection options. They were on another one of my cars though and I like them on this more. The 9 front fits but your talking about a lot of clearancing and modifications to make it work.

They are Group 4 wheels they are a 15 x10 rear 15x9 front not what I would have gone with for a road car because of tyre selection options. They were on another one of my cars though and I like them on this more. The 9 front fits but your talking about a lot of clearancing and modifications to make it work.
I have 8.5x13 front, 10x13 rear. Tire selection is non existant. My next set of skins have to be Avons, barely street legal. Stooopid expensive. My fault. Wanted the vintage look. But the wheels on your car are fantastic. I'm also running the VAS C/O's. Like 'em. Easy to balance the car.

Check out the cold weather storage warning, these could not be used anywhere the temps go below 32 degrees.

The Maxxis I don't think would be Street Legal over here but I can't find anything to suggest they would be one way or the other.

e 8.5x13 front, 10x13 rear. Tire selection is non existant. My next set of skins have to be Avon

Yeah 13's is a tough size that big i'm running the AVON ZZS at the rear and looking at maybe a Hankook at the front. The Avon's are ridiculously priced but what can you do.

Back