Engine Cover repair

Steve so far all the engine covers I have seen are in worst shape than mine. Mostly rust and expensive for the condition they are in. I looked at mine and apart from burnt paint on top and inside rain guard is fairly straight. Fire did not burn long enough to buckle cover. The inside panel will screw and rivet down straight after painting it. Will post pics of restoration when finished.
Will restore mine before looking fir a netwr replacement or a lightweight one from MWB.

sand blasting won't save that... unfortunately fire has a habit of bending metal, and you will find it has the appearance of a rough sea on a windy night when you look at it closely, satin black shows up imperfections like rams testicles, toss it and find another engine cover.

SteveC

Sand blasted clean, ready for top coats or powder coating. 1615698618548_20210310_121209.jpg

Matt black painted after sand blasting and undercoating. Even return spring was done.
Now to screw/rivet rain deflector inside cover and touch up screw and rivet heads. fit rubber and bolt back. Probably not Auto Italia concourse, but not bad for restoration.X 1:9 engine covers matt-black.jpg

milan1951
1982 X 1/9
1995 Honda Integra/Acura VTIr

Thanks guys, Now to move on with more week-end tasks in between rain. Not bad for a project started because of Covid restrictions.

Back