Engine progress pictures

bbrown

Bob Brown
Here's a sneak peak at what work (so far) I've completed on my 86 X's engine.
Spiderrey take note... You asked what they'd be on.

Check out the details.
Before you ask, the oil pan is being changed with a renewed one, (matches the engine)
The oil filter and rubber hoses will be changed. The belts are all new Fiat belts, the pretty
engine pieces came from Matt Brannon Midwest X1/9, and the plenum and exhaust manifold
from Spiderrey. Lot's of hardware changes on this baby. The entire fuel injection is
new to this engine, including factory new injectors. It's almost showtime!

The photos aren't great, but you get the idea. Maybe if it stops raining, I'll get some
daylight photos in. :( Anyway, enjoy...

I thought I'd get some shots of the belts before I put the yellow covers back on... (Fiat branded)
timingbelt1sm.jpg

timingbelt2sm.jpg

Top of the engine:
engineplenumtopsm.jpg

Flywheel side: (Flywheel is out for balancing. Lightened by DamonFG)
engineflywsidesm.jpg

And finally the exhaust port side. (Note FIAT Lancia) The bracket to the right is for AC.
engineexhaustportsm.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice.

Good work Mr. Brown, keep the pictures coming. I wish I had time to work on my cars, but... my wife decided that I would like to build a new deck in the back yard. 900 square feet of TigerWood.

Enjoying the progress pictures.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

You have a sickness Mr Brown.

I believe it is called X addiction and you need help now.:hmm:

Nice job job by the way. Let me know if you need a hand when it comes time to install.

Finally got my X on the road:). Lot's of bugs and details to still workout but it's running well.

Take care,

Bob.

Wouldn't it be a shame

to put this shiny piece of marvel into a car and on the road, with all kinds of dirt flying arround, mud splasing.....and hidden down the dark engine bay...
If I had a shiny I'd put it on a stand for all the folks to eat their hearts out...
Bob, do you ever do anything less then PERFECT ???
Admiring

I don't know that Bob ever drives that car....

...just rolls it in and out of its' trailer.

That engine will really pop

when it's installed! You should work something mirror-like in for your firewall.

Looks very, very...

...nice.

But are you sure you're gonna want to start it and get it all dirty when you're done?.. :)

Rooster poped over yesterday

and told me I must be careful to include all the original parts (like the plenum "shield") so as NOT
to remove "points" by the judges.

Obviously, I've got some subtle mods (like LED's, gauge cluster mods, steering wheel, :bla::bla::bla:)
but I'm hopeful that those "enhancements" do not detract from the originality of the car.
I'll be bringing the ugly Tron wheels, just in case.

Nasty looking oil pan :)

Hey Bob, you missed a spot! :laugh:

(Re-reading his post, I see he already has a cleaned up oil pan ready to install. Sheesh!)

Paul

bob, that looks great. there is one thing i see with room for improvement if you dont mind me saying so.
013-5.jpg

Back