Engine progress pictures

Yep, Bob, you are an

inspiration |ˌinspəˈrā sh ən|
noun
1 the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative.
• a person or thing that stimulates in this way : he is an inspiration to everyone.

well done

This is a very nice job Bob.

Did you redone all the engine? amean inside the block, rods, bearings, rings, head etc, etc..

What a beauty!

extrasmallrbrbadgezv7.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79
www.trazia.com/x19

If that's a screen filter,

I had one of those. I decided to use the advanced paper filters made by Bosch because I believe they filter the oil better.

But I've gotta say, it sure looks nice! Too bad it's buried so deep in the X...
and there's a cover over it under the bottom... :(

Nice looking filter though. :cool:

I have not reworked the

short block. The engine has 28K miles on it and (under the cam cover) looks very clean on the inside.

Thankyou Ricardo!

I am suprised

Bob,
I post this reply at some risk, as Bob is certainly one of the most respected XWeb members, but after reading so many of your posts I am suprised you did not restore the original finish on all of the surfaces of the engine. You regularly infer that originality is a goal for your X. In the car collecting world originality is highly prized and valued. Modifications, expecially to the finish generally devalue the vehicle. As usual your attention to detail is unsurpassed.

So, I am curious, why not original?
Bob T.

Good question, and

no risk what-so-ever. Your question and comment is more than respected, BTW.

I gave that some thought and considered painting it the original gross marine deck gray.
Part of the reason I decided to paint it the color of the aluminum parts was because I
thought it'd look better, (my opinion) and also because I didn't want to mix too many
colors inside the engine compartment. There are enough as it is.

But you are correct, this is not concours.

I have a dilemma... If I choose to be 100 percent concours, I'll have to remove all the LED's
and go back to original lamps, remove the auto dimming compass mirror, change the
wheels back to trons, put back the original suspension, remove the shiny stainless coolant
tank, remove all the "insertable harness" improvements, put back my original gauge cluster
face plates, repaint the brake hardware to black, :bla::bla::bla:. You get where I'm going
here? If I stay "concours", I'll really be degrading the car and I don't want to do that.
Of course, that's all a matter of opinion....

The one rule I've had with this whole thing: Do NOTHING that cannot be un-done by simple
bolt-on modification. No new holes, no new welds. If it don't unscrew, I don't do it.
I've saved every original piece to this car, right down to the peanut lamps, so if someone
wants to turn it BACK to an original, they can, but it won't be me. I'm having a ball with
working on this thing to see what I can make if it.

So, with all this rant, I'm thinking the engine block color is as much "un-original" as the
(say) brake pad mounts. (painted red) I guess it's all in how you look at it. Still, every part
in the engine compartment is "original" even though FIAT never polished up their plenum. :grin:
That's not concours, but it IS original.

To think, back in 1975 I knew nothing about cars and had to depend on my X1/9 for transportation.
Now, it's nothing but a fun thing to play with and drive. And I've got two. Ha!

That what the MIRRORS are for...

... along with the Angel Hair that surrounds the car once you have it up on its ROTISSERRIE for all the judges to see...

I thought you had that built into the trailer already???

Back