Euro 1500 cam?

Never tried it, but 1 tooth shorter would be a tooth and a valley, 10mm wide each, so more like 20mm difference in length.

You might have a paperweight even after you finish... usually cam grinders like to have a master of something to grind from...though some fancy computer controlled grinders these days don't need that, you basically do a cad drawing of the required profile and it grinds away.... then there's getting the lobes hardened again...and keeping the cam straight...but by all means give it a go

SteveC

No worries on the cam profile or the hardening, the folks i use are masters at their craft, and have hardening, straightening, and hard welding as their abilities. I've sold many a ford zetec cam from them and never once have they been out of round or even as much as one thou variance between lobes.

As for the belt, yes it's one tooth and a valley, and 10mm will need to be halved, so its 5mm i need to worry about if too much.

That brings me to the amount that can be taken off a cam box.. What's the most within safe limits?

Rob

Back