Feeler on special purchase of ignition wire sets

How do I get the funds to you? You haven't stated that yet (or did I miss it)?
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

How do I get the funds to you? You haven't stated that yet (or did I miss it)?
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Hi Mike. I guess you missed that part. I will not accept any funds until the wires are ready to ship. I will post Paypal info at that time. i am only asking folks to indicate their order at this time so that I know what quantities of what colours to order from my supplier. So that everyone will be able to get their desired colour. I guessed at the colour mix in my initial order and apparently didn't guess very well LOL....

plug wires

they are both 74's and remounting the coil is easy enough to do as the one has the coil mounted in the spare tire well, and the other is missing the firewall altogether, so no problems on that!!
mikemo

News flash....

Funny story......

My supplier called me this morning. They are running ahead of schedule and needed a small job to fill in a time slot, so yesterday they produced my original order.

But the funny bit....after that they then found another colour of wire that they just got in. And wondered if I would be interested. They described it as red but with an orangey hint. And sent me a pic beside the (darker) red that they made my wire sets from.

Looks to me to be a dead ringer for rosso arancio !!! I sent them a pic of a rosso arancio X1/9 and even they noticed a remarkable match.

Yeah...I ordered a few sets. Myron - the line starts here LOL...

Update

Okay. Well two batches of wire sets arrived here today, ahead of schedule. They are ready to ship.

I think I have - just - enough to supply everybody who has already posted (or PM'd) in their chosen colour and quantity.

There are only two changes of note from my original details and pricing info that can be found near the bottom of page 1 of this thread.

First, there are now TWO different shades of red available. The original deeper red, and a new red (the one closest to the camera) that I can only describe as rosso arancio - it is a lighter and brighter and has an orangey hue. So if you want red, please specify which one !!

The colour of blue in the photo below did not photograph well. Must have been the lighting. In reality it is much bolder and brighter and well - blue-er. The pic on page i is much more representative.

The other change of note is that - due to strange Canadian postal rates - the cost of shipping 3 sets is the same as shipping 2 sets !!! So if you wanted 3 sets that is good news for you. Or..if you and a friend or two in the same area wanted to combine your shipping, you could save a few bucks. You could all Paypal me separately, and have posted to one address.

In the next hour or two, I will send a mass PM to those who indicated that they would like a set or two. With Paypal instructions. They can go ahead and order.

When.. the dust settles from that, I will probably have a very few sets left over. So...if anyone else would like a set, just post with your desired quantity and colour. And you may be able to get one of the remaining sets. If...demand is high enough, I can always order another batch.

Thanks, Doug

Today I received another great product initiative of Doug,
The plug wire set, a high quality product.

Doug, thank you for your dedication to our "X" family

Yves

IF ANY ARE LEFT OVER AFTER INITIAL SHIPMENT

I will take one set, especially if Rosso Arancio is still available. If not, just let me know what is. Thanks.

They are here

The box arrived the parts look great. I have the car in the parking lot at work today.

Lunch time project?:mallet:

Wires arrived

Wires came in the mail today and have been installed. Wow, do they ever clean things up! Worth every penny, thanks! :worship:

My two sets have arrived safely in California. They look beautiful! Looking forward to putting one of the sets into my 1982 soon. Will be nice not having to figure out what to do with the excess length of the standard wires. Thank you Doug!

Thanks....

Thanks folks for all the kind comments.

I have sent wire sets to all those who have paid me. I think most have already received the wires.

I have PM'd all those who sent me Paypal. Please post or PM me if you think you sent payment and have not heard from me.

There were a few folks who indicated they would buy that I have not heard from. It has been well over a week so I reckon they are no longer interested in the wires I put aside for them.

So...they are now available to anyone who wants them. I have 5 sets of black, 3 of the original red, and 1 blue, remaining. Yellow and rosso arancio are sold out. Please see my post near the bottom of page 1 for pricing and shipping info. Kindy PM me for Paypal info.

If demand is high enough, I can always order another batch. If you want one of the sold-out colours.

And by the way, Greg - just how close are the rosso arancio wires to your car ??

Thanks again folks for your support. Doug

Back