Fiat Tipo Block SOHC 1840cc

Keule

Daily Driver
Hello!

If anyone is interested in a Tipo Block with non modified Cylinderhead let me know, please! Modified Head is also possible!

Engine with new Crank, Custom Steel Rods, Custom Forged Pistons.
CR 11:1. Crank is balanced. Engine never run!

Turbo Application is also possible!

For questions please PM!

Regards
Keule

This Tread is only to find out who is interested!!

Last edited:
Here in the USA most folks on XWeb are not familiar with the Tipo or most other recent FIATs.

It would be helpful to tell us how your item would benefit an X1/9 owner. For example, does the offered engine "bolt right up" to an X1/9 4 or 5 speed trans with no issues regarding clearances, clutch plates, throwout bearings, starter motor, ring gear flywheel, etc?

Is the offered engine and cylinder head designed for fuel injection or carburetion? Does any of that come with the engine?

How much horsepower would the engine with the nonmodified head produce?

Generally speaking, how much would shipping cost from Germany to USA?

(JUst a short list of info a serious buyer would want to know.)

The engine suits P&P!!Flywheel, Clutch no problem Only thing is the gearbox! I will inform you later! But no problem in the end:)

No it is not a big secret!

I want to know how many people are maybe interested. It makes a big difference to produce 4 pistons or 8 pistons. The same with rods!

Sorry for late reply!

After searching for some parts i can make the following offer"!

7000USD incl. shipping

for a

Tipo Engine stroked to 1.9L

incl. NEW Crankshaft
incl. NEW Steel Conrods
incl. NEW Forged Pistons

Block is rebored, new bearings (Conrod)

Oilpump incl.

Of course all fitted , only head is extra

incl. stock 1.6L Head

Picture from the engine fitted in a X 1 9 will follow!

Gearbox suit from 1500cc

Last edited:
Head 1.6 SOHC -small Headwork- (not ready, needs a bit of time)

file02012zswyfoxag.jpg

Clean like new!

file0202l4nqrmgyz2.jpg

Piston/Rod Combo

file0204fi8dyav92j.jpg

Block rebored and ready for Stroker Crank

file0206n7kgm9ldsv.jpg

Hope you like it....:)

Any Question, feel free to ask!

bild037108zuyo2tr.jpg

bild1231fzlpoam2i.jpg

Straight swap for you! Gearbox from 1500 suits without problems! Head on this Block and be happy with 1840cc:woot:

Here in the USA most folks on XWeb are not familiar with the Tipo or most other recent FIATs.

It would be helpful to tell us how your item would benefit an X1/9 owner. For example, does the offered engine "bolt right up" to an X1/9 4 or 5 speed trans with no issues regarding clearances, clutch plates, throwout bearings, starter motor, ring gear flywheel, etc?

Is the offered engine and cylinder head designed for fuel injection or carburetion? Does any of that come with the engine?

How much horsepower would the engine with the nonmodified head produce?

Generally speaking, how much would shipping cost from Germany to USA?

(JUst a short list of info a serious buyer would want to know.)

Hi Keule..

I would love to see this engine in the Dallara ( If JJ permits )
However, I have little knowlage about engines and mechanics so I don't see the whole picture and the total cost.

I "quoted" Dan's text becuase there's many questions there I'd like to see answered also.

Can you tell me a little about the difrent heads you offer, including the price.
Oh and wouldn't a strong engine like this destroy the 1500 gearbox?

And what about the Turbo option for this engine?

It sounds like the "ultimate" Fiat X19 build to me if you want a fiat engine and high performance...
But what do I know... Very little :confuse2:

Hello!

Sorry for late answer!

I will build the next stroker in a 1500cc engine (x 1 9 ) . But like i said Tipo Block suits in to x 1 9 engine ebay.

Here is a picture from a mates x 1 9 turbo with 1.6L Tipo!

pict2011051528gucwdvtz0.jpg

Turbo you can use a lot of different. Depends what you want! With 1.9l you can go from 250PS to 400+PS .If you use a small Turbo like 28RS the car feels like a 4.0L N/A car! Boost start at 2000rpm and under 3000rpm you have full boost! If you go for 2871r or 3071 full boost between 3500rpm and 4000rpm.

Gearbox from x 1 9 can handle the power from a n/a stroker. If you want a turbo stroker better to use Punto GT Gearbox. Suits with light modifications and can handle a lot more power!

schalt14ojv9108r2.jpg

schalt27pw41jf9no.jpg

Best Regards from Germany
Keule

Hi Keule..

Thanks for the information.
Sorry to say.. But it wont happen at this time.
It is too late in the prosses to change the engine yet again so I will have to wait until I get the car to Europe.
Perhaps I'll come see you next summer on the way to Torino.

That gear linkage alone looks like a project in a half.... Reminds me of the old scorpions with all of the bushings and angles...:blackeye:

Hello!

Can anybody help me to contact PBS Racing, please? I need the uprated spring for the oilpump!

Thanks
Keule

PBS Engineering (714) 534-6700

According to Tom, they don't have many X1/9 parts anymore, however they still have a few springs in stock * $5 each (small enough to be shipped by mail).

Hopefully this helps

Hello!

Can anybody call them please? My English is to bad :-((

If there are more then 2 over, i take 5+

Kind Regards
Keule

Back