First So Cal FLU event, March 20th

so cal mark

True Classic
The So Cal FLU club is finally up and running. The first event will be a drive on Mulholland Dr on March 20th. I'll post details as soon as they are available; meeting place, time, directions, etc.

Sounds like fun and I believe I'll be in your area around that time, Mark! Hope you have an extra Fiat...or big Chevy truck for me to tag along in.

Always have my best interests in mind, don't you Mark? I'm really looking forward to getting out of the snow laden East coast and visiting with you SoCal fellas.

The prospective route has been driven. We should be hearing more details shortly. It's going to be awesome meeting some of my SoCal Fiat buddies. I only wish I could bring a couple cars with me.

March 20 California Moonshine drive details

Ron Luxmore and I drove the planned route Wednesday for the March 20 California Moonshine drive. All the roads are open . . . haven't been washed away by all the recent rain. Here's a few pics that Ron and I took with our cell phones on Wed of a few scenic places along the route.

0303101517-00.jpg

0303101402a.jpg

0303101411-00.jpg

0303101400a.jpg

Lot's of tight windy turns, with steep climbs and descents. Make sure your brakes are in good working order, or we'll be scraping you off the canyon floor! The drive ends at a gorgeous park on a bluff overlooking the ocean in Malibu, where we'll stop to eat and check out all the cars. Denise is still working out the details for getting the Moonshine here. The sisters are really looking forward to meeting you all on this drive.
Details of the drive:
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Meet at Warner Plaza Shopping Center ( http://tinyurl.com/ygaa4qx ) at 12:30 PM. Please show up with a full tank of gas. Last car out at 1:00 PM.
2 hour mountain drive, mostly on Mulholland Dr and Decker Canyon Rd in the Santa Monica Mountains
End at Malibu Bluffs Park overlooking the ocean (http://tinyurl.com/ykouxow), picnic to follow
Bring what you like to drink. Food will be provided.
Contact Ace (805-338-1767) or Ron (661-618-3468) if you have any questions or need directions.
Alvon

sounds like a great saturday. i live right down the street from the meetup. i was wondering if u had to be a FLU member to join in on the event.
thx

sounds like a great saturday. i live right down the street from the meetup. i was wondering if u had to be a FLU member to join in on the event.
thx
Not required to be a national FLU member. Come join the fun (and help spread the word). We will take an opportunity during the picnic to discuss national FLU membership and benefits of local chapter affiliation.

Alvon

Denise... If you bring a note...

... from Mr. Burchette... I'll get a note from Mrs. Natoli... and you would be welcome to ride with me!

I'll be a "bachelor" for the weekend but still relatively harmless... I'm even available for a Corvette event on Sunday!

WHOOPEE!

Denise I will help out.. Just let me know where and I will drive what ever you got laying around... Just make sure your insurance is paid up:doh:

... I'll be a "bachelor" for the weekend but still relatively harmless... I'm even available for a Corvette event on Sunday!

WHOOPEE!
Tony, my kids will be camping this weekend and it will be a nice opportunity to see you guys and enjoy a nice ride on the twisties
The departure time is great because I won't have to leave too early.

I don't own a Fiat so I can't come out and play. :cry:

You guys really ought to consider coming to Supercar Sunday sometime, then doing a drive down Mulholland to PCH afterwards. You need to get there EARLY (by about 7 AM) to get a good parking spot. The event's over by 10 AM.

http://www.supercarsunday.com/

A couple Sundays ago the featured Marque was Ferrari; there were at least 50 beautiful F Cars there including two Enzos, an F50, a couple Daytonas, and (my personal favorite) two Boxers :worship:. That's in addition to all the other nice stuff that shows up: Corvettes, Porsches, Cobras, muscle cars, etc. etc. :nod:

Not necessarily so...

Give Alvon a shout... I believe its more about US than the CAR...

Others are coming with what they have...

As for the Super Car Sunday... thanks for the info... There are soooo many things happening in the Southland... I use this site (http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html) quite frequently to see what is going on and where... and most of the time I gotta drive 50 or 100 miles to get to one...

But these FLU things are usually somewhat different, rare, and focus on our marks where most other events seem to simply tolerate us.

Hope to see you there...

Hey Tony....Cruise night

Tony,
Have you been to Van Nuys Bl cruise night? It is tonight and I still haven't been. I hear it is pretty good.
Bob T.

Used to cruise van nuys about 30 years ago. Cruised it in a customized 55 chevy pick um up. Cruised the GTI in westwood and the Sider in Whittier Blvd.

Back