Fixing up a 1971 Fiat 850 Spyder

I have put the car together with the parts that I have received, fixed the brakes, adjusted the valves and plugged the wiring back together. I would have to say that taking the master cylinder out was quite a chore and would rather fix one in a rusty vw bug than do that one again. Not sure how that was put in there unless they put the brakes in before assembling he body. I didn't realize that adjusting the values meant taking out the distributor to get the valve cover off. I hope that there is an easier way to do that as I had trouble timing it afterwards. The wiring went together quite well considering that absolutely nothing worked, except one headlight and a couple of marker lights. Afterwards, I was able to take it around the block several times, but didn't venture out to far since I don't have any insurance or plates just yet. Also, I loaded an updated avatar picture of how the car looks now.

I have a new request for parts as follows. I didn't realize that I needed these until I was nearly done assembling the car.

3 Fiat lug bolts. Someone used VW Rabbit ones and I didn't notice the difference until I tried to take the wheels off.
Clear reverse light plastic lens right side. Someone put a left on a right side. It fits, sorta, but didn't notice until I had to fix ALL the lights.
Glove box latch nut. I tried to put the glove box together, but found out I am missing the big nut. Surprise, surprise.
Rear panel hold down latches for left and right sides. When you put the convertible top down, then you close the body panel lid that covers the top, there is nothing to secure that panel down. There is a turn handle in the middle that retracts the rods, but the rods do not touch anything. It looks like there are two small bolts holes a couple inches apart that attaches something to the side panels. With out these, the body panel will open up. Probably not a good thing while going 90 mph.
After market left and right side view mirrors. If anyone knows what will work, be period correct and looks Italiano, that would be great.

Any help on these parts would be greatly appreciated. I have a bunch of left over parts if someone needs them. Probably be best to stop by the Portland Oregon area as the shipping would be more than the parts are worth.

Thanks,
Pat

P.S. I have a ton of technical questions to ask, so I think I better put them on a different forum, but I am dying to find out how to take the heater fan motor out RIGHT NOW as it is getting cold here. I don't see any fasteners of any kind. I hope it is not one of those "take the dash completely apart" scenarios.

Rear panel hold down latches for left and right sides. When you put the convertible top down, then you close the body panel lid that covers the top, there is nothing to secure that panel down. There is a turn handle in the middle that retracts the rods, but the rods do not touch anything. It looks like there are two small bolts holes a couple inches apart that attaches something to the side panels. With out these, the body panel will open up. Probably not a good thing while going 90 mph.
After market left and right side view mirrors. If anyone knows what will work, be period correct and looks Italiano, that would be great.

This might be what you need, on Ebay, but only one of them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...ash=item25e5d401bd:g:mxwAAOSw8a1Zufet&vxp=mtr

Should be the same for any year.

On the heater box, there are 4 spring clips midway up, 2 front and 2 in back. if you snap the front ones off, it might open enough to get it out. Watch out they might fly and get lost, when popped off.

Rear-engine Fiat section of this forum is good for questions, also the Yahoo Group.

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the info. I took the fan motor out and it is toast. The magnet on one side broke off and is in three pieces. Looks like I'll need a new one. That top part on eBay looks like the piece I am missing.

Thanks,
Pat

Back