Flares

Not these ones, because he's selling more stuff than I need and too much for what I'm looking to spend on a free car.

Huh? So if car is free, don't spend a lot of money on it? Basically keep it as close to "free" as possible?

JJ have a set of Stradale flares?.......uhmmm.If you guys are talking about the ones on his ex-Al Cosentino X those are prototipo.Same as mines!!!!!
Poor guy.......

JJ have a set of Stradale flares?.......uhmmm.If you guys are talking about the ones on his ex-Al Cosentino X those are prototipo.Same as mines!!!!!
Poor guy.......

Those flares from Bluroad are a hybrid of sorts...much thinner then a Prototipo (so I guess streetable protos) and no cover over on the rear wheel arch vents. Without the arch vents covered and just flares is a better look for a street X IMO :)

Prototipo v Stradale...

Yeap......I gave up trying to post pics here long time ago.Thanks Greg.
And JJ we have same type flares.The Stradale ones are pictured in Gregs previous post on the red grey car.
And Mr.Cosentino made the Faza protipo ones more streetable for mass production and less hassle with wheel/tire combinations back in the day.So our flares are not the full blown racing ones that's why they are known as Faza/Abarth.
But yes I used to have an Stradale rear set and sold it...Arghhhhh

index108.gif

DSC09755-1.jpg

DSC09393-1.jpg

DSC09395-1.jpg

x-8.jpg

x-7.jpg

But does anyone still have these available?
Bob

Not that I know unless the guy fron Australia that supposedly bought Al C. inventory have the molds and probably some leftovers.But no one knows where he is or his intentions if it is really true.

I'm flared out but JJ wins :nod:

But JJ's is missing the snorkel..........lol.I'm sure he'll find one sooner or later.Fiatmonkey sold one couple weeks ago and forgot to ask jj first.It was already spoken for when I mention him about jjs acar missing it....

But JJ's is missing the snorkel..........lol.

Your creation is great but still in progress so not really a fair comparison. Plus your SportStars are friggin' spectacular so as much as I dig the OZ your wheels are HOT :cool:

Besides have JJ post some interior photos of the Bluroad...that interior was trashed as well as the powerplant so just the flares were really the only remaining unproven legacy...:nod:

I have a set of rears ...

When I had my first X1/9 I bought a set of rear flares and the matching section that integrates the rear to the rear grill. I did not get the side flares, front wheel flares and front dam flares since I liked the front look of the X1/9. They came in a blue fiberglass. I got them in Germany from Hoermann Autosports.

Does anyone know what they might be? I had them painted to the color of my car at the time, but never installed them since I did not want to rivet them in and did not want to go the expense to bondo the lip section to have a seemless transition.

I sold my first X1/9 and have another X1/9, same color and still have not installed them since the paint and the body is good on the car - why mess with it if it's not broken. Maybe one of these days...

Also, if I decide on installing them, would I need to get spacers or wider rims or could I run the stock rims?

Your creation is great but still in progress so not really a fair comparison. Plus your SportStars are friggin' spectacular so as much as I dig the OZ your wheels are HOT :cool:

Besides have JJ post some interior photos of the Bluroad...that interior was trashed as well as the powerplant so just the flares were really the only remaining unproven legacy...:nod:

Actually the interior is very nice..Dirty but nice. The previous owner had spent some serious money putting in some Mercedes Quality carpets.. I will get some pics up later. The car is in the garage now ready for some work...

Also, if I decide on installing them, would I need to get spacers or wider rims or could I run the stock rims?

You would really need to go with at least a 6.5" wide rim with a spacer to get the proper look and stance with the flares.

Those pics I posted of Bluroad above have 7" front and 8" rear but did have coilovers and fill in the flares nicely. I think Albert's gold BWAs are 7" ???

How about a photo of those flares you have :grin:

You would really need to go with at least a 6.5" wide rim with a spacer to get the proper look and stance with the flares.

Those pics I posted of Bluroad above have 7" front and 8" rear but did have coilovers and fill in the flares nicely. I think Albert's gold BWAs are 7" ???

How about a photo of those flares you have :grin:

Blueroad has 1 and a quarter inch spacers on the front....

Actually the interior is very nice..Dirty but nice. The previous owner had spent some serious money putting in some Mercedes Quality carpets.. I will get some pics up later. The car is in the garage now ready for some work...

Remember I had all but bought that X from Chris but alas I decided you would provide the better home keeping it on the West coast :)

I'm sure you can make the interior nice working your usual magic :) but nothing would be original if it was indeed ever in Al's hands. Still very cool nonetheless for the flares and wheels :cool:

I do like the Blueroad car concept alot,really.Its a hot street racer for sure.I have also been debating if to pull my carpet out as well right after i take the heater out for lightweight reasons.
Im also thinking about changing my color combinations but retaining the original blue color on the car as i dont like changing colors on a car.
My BWA`s are 13x8" wide with a pcd of 4x100 all around and are mounted on either 3/4" or 1" adapters/spacers that are both hubcentric and wheelcentric respectively.Tires are 215/50-13 and No vibrations so far on my combination topping the car at 100mph once.About to install the front swaybar that i bought gazillions yrs ago thou.Motor is all stock except for a KN filter.Have a turbo sysytem that bought from a guy JJ knows but its been sitting.Now that the car needs no more emission testings im planning on installing it next yr probably.
I also have a set of 13x6 Sportstars in 4x98 and i have been playing with the idea of going staggered with them on the front with 185/60-13's.
So any of you guys have photoshop and know how to play with the program so you can help me start playing with different color combinations on the car?....One thing for sure,..its gonna have to be a secret!!!....lol.....better yet,..we can start a new thread on this(and leave Marks thread alone,...sorry)and have all forum guys vote on the best color combination for the car and also gather suggestions....anyone??......please!!!

Back