Free means Expensive :)

we have a touch under 2 acres. I was balking on a zero turn as my 1971 john deere 110 with a harbor freight repower, was running fine. well. not really. something went wrong pretty much every time I mowed, usually having me have to make a new part as the parts are no longer available. when I told her I was looking at a bad boy zero turn she told me I better buy it as she is tired of hearing my bitch every time I mowed.. I didnt even realize it was that bad. mower was here the next day and I am on my 4th mowing with no issues and it goes around the small orchard so much easier!

Odie
Start bitching about your other toys more. Who knows, it may yield the same response...to buy more. :p

Since we have drifted off to talking about lawn mowers: I live in high zoot Fairfax County in Virginia and no one cuts their own grass. My neighborhood is just 1/4 acre plots and my neighbor and I (both retired and in our 70s) were the last folks to mow our own lawns...he now pays his grandkids to do his. There is one guy who owns a riding mower to do his massive 1/4 acre and that's just flat embarrassing.

Can I get one of those big ass tractors with A/C, cup holders and USB ports for my yard?

Cool but the whole point of a family guy cutting his grass is to escape his family without ever leaving his yard.
Carl you nailed it. the 3 household chores I love, mowing, clearing snow and dishes. the 3 things no one will interrupt you when you are doing it for fear that they will have to take over.
On this typical thread drift, I work for Farm bureau Insurance and I have had a chance to see the tech in the farming community. What they are doing with GPS and drones it crazy amazing. they are monitoring the soil with GPS coordinates to best fertilize down to the foot (the sales say inch, but the farmers say foot, either way amazing) they have drones that spot kill weeds un assisted. Tractors that the "driver" is there just in case, but really they run themselves. really cool stuff.

Odie

I don't think your typical family "ma and pa" farm can afford tractors like that....but then, I gather there are very few small family farms anymore.

Back