Front air dam / spoilers

I wasn’t very interested what he have to say, after he told story how much he wanted X19 when he was young and what a great deal it was. Wanted to hear about bumpers and engine, but nothing.

My Russian is a little weak, but the video roughly translates as:

"This is the Russian "Lada" version of the Fiat X1/9. As you can see, we make much better cars here in Russia than those Italians ever did. This example has never been repaired, restored, or even washed...this is how cars survive the very mild weather and excellent roads we have. Just look at how nice the super highways are in these scenes. Even after hundreds of thousands of kilometers the Lada runs great with its stock turbocharged engine."

And he goes on and on about how great everything is there.
Janis, did I get that right?

All joking aside, I really like the bumpers / facias on it. Makes the style look much more integrated and modern. Are those part of a aftermarket kit? (afraid my Russian did not get that part). Great vid Janis, thanks for sharing.
It would be interesting to find out if Russian turbo X1/9s were ever in production and what sort of parts were involved. The bumpers/bumper skins bring the styling a bit into the 90s - a bit like the later MR2s.

Wanted to hear about bumpers and engine, but nothing.
Too bad, that's what I wanted to hear about.

It would be interesting to find out if Russian turbo X1/9s were ever in production
I don't think there were any Russian X1/9's ever made. At least none that I've heard of. I think it was way to capitalist looking for a communist country?

Yeah! I think we all agree on that. There was no such thing as a Russian-built X1/9. This Bertone was probably only a modified car with a Fiat turbo engine (Uno?) nice Campagnolo wheels and an unknown set of nicely done bumpers/fascia.

Did a little search on google :D
Here is his car on Russian car forum and his account there :
https://www.drive2.ru/r/fiat/x_1_9/470458211732816255/

Двигатель (Engine)
— Fiat Uno Turbo 1.5 — 110 л.с. (hp)
— инжектор (fuel injection)
— турбина Fiat Uno (turbo from Fit Uno)
— блок Fiat x1/9 (engine block from X19)
— поршни Fiat Regata (pistons from Fiat Regata)
— интеркулер Alfa-Romeo (intercooler from Alfa) //to me it looks from Uno Turbo//

It was done by previous owner, he says these parts were choosed because of availability not performance.

More photos https://www.drive2.ru/l/473775438313816129/

Thanks Janis. If the previous owner built it then this guy might not really know exactly what is there.
I wonder if those bumpers were from some other car and modified to fit?
I like some of the little custom touches here and there. Really a decent job overall.
And that Russian site (last link above) has a lot of interesting pics of cars with hot models ;)

On that site there is info about x19 even about prototipo, not sure if correct but is.
Every part that is not original is from Italian car , he have mentioned in some thread, to keep it Italian and most important to avoid using any Lada part even if it is absolutely same.

Back